UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Does the Display Port RX subsystem (1.2 or 1.4) always requires a retimer?

Jump to solution

According to the documentation the DP RX 1.2 and DP RX 1.4  expect the use of  respectively a TI DP159 Retimer or a  MCDP6000 Retimer.

Is the usage of the retimer mandatory or the DP RX Subsystem IP works good even without a retimer?

We should maintain the layout compact and we have quite strict space requirements

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does the Display Port RX subsystem (1.2 or 1.4) always requires a retimer?

Jump to solution

Hi @andreac_avnet,

The Displayport RX Subsystem IP (1.2 or 1.4) expects the use of a retimer (DP159 for DP1.2 and MCDP6000 retimer).

The IP passes compliance only with the use of the retimers and is supported by Xilinx only with the use of the mentioned retimers.

With that said, I know customer using the DP SS RX IP 1.2 without the retimer in a specific case. This is not a DP compliant solution and this require a modification of the driver (which expects the retimer). Again this is not supported by Xilinx and you are responsible for testing the system without retimer and modifying the driver.

To conclude, I highly recommend you to use the recommended retimers for your solution and this is the only supported solution.

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
1 Reply

Re: Does the Display Port RX subsystem (1.2 or 1.4) always requires a retimer?

Jump to solution

Hi @andreac_avnet,

The Displayport RX Subsystem IP (1.2 or 1.4) expects the use of a retimer (DP159 for DP1.2 and MCDP6000 retimer).

The IP passes compliance only with the use of the retimers and is supported by Xilinx only with the use of the mentioned retimers.

With that said, I know customer using the DP SS RX IP 1.2 without the retimer in a specific case. This is not a DP compliant solution and this require a modification of the driver (which expects the retimer). Again this is not supported by Xilinx and you are responsible for testing the system without retimer and modifying the driver.

To conclude, I highly recommend you to use the recommended retimers for your solution and this is the only supported solution.

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**