UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer bmoore
Observer

GTH common cells for UHD-SDI for Zynq Ultralscale+

I am using a Zynq US+ 7EV. I have a pair of UHD-SDI rx/tx subsystems in Bank 226. They supposedly share REFCLKs and PLLs.  They are configured for 3G, max. The design validates and synthesises OK. But when I implement, it fails in placer. Says the design requires 5 GT commons when the chip has only 4. Now, I have HDMI RX subsystems in banks 224 and 225, and PCIe in bank 227, so each of those banks is using its own common. That leaves 1 common cell for the SDIs in bank 226. Is there any chance the pair of UHD SDIs require more than 1 common? The error report does not tell me the offending IP. I doubt the other GTs in the other banks are needing more than 1 common per bank.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

Re: GTH common cells for UHD-SDI for Zynq Ultralscale+

Hi @bmoore,

If I am not wrong, with the UHD-SDI subsystems, the GTs are outside the cores. So it might be up to the user to manage them.

How did you implement the GT part? Did you use the example design provided in vivado (ZCU106)? I will try to look at the implemented design for the exdes but I would expect that it is using only on GT common.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

Hi @bmoore,

I have checked with the example design for the UHD-SDI Subsystems (can be generated from the UHD-SDI RX SS on ZCU106 with 2017.4). This design is using both UHD-SDI TX and RX and is using only one GT Common as per the search for GT common in the implemented design:

GT.PNG

Thus, it is possible to use only one GT common for both TX and RX.

You might want to start with this example design.

Regards,

Florent
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

@bmoore Please open Synthesized design, and then use Edit -> Find GTHE4_COMMON, and then click ok

Capture.JPG

Based on the Find result, you should be able to figure out in which hierarchy level, you have unexpected GT COMMON block.

Probably you need to do necessary modification in your design.

0 Kudos

Hi @bmoore,

If everything is clear for you on this subject, please kindly mark a reply as solution to close the topic. Else please reply to the thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos