UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor roiberts
Visitor

H.264

Dear Forum

As a begin of my research, I have to implement a H.264 Encoder for HD Video, 10fps, in a  zynq 7000 family.

Question is:

*what device of this family could be better to use ?

*maybe already exist a table showing performace vs device ?

Any useful info is apreciate.

Thanks very much

Roberto

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Adventurer
Adventurer

回复: H.264

Are you going to develop your own h.264 coder?Or IP? 1: I suggest you use zynq7100 because it has more resources. 2. You can use a hardcoded soc chip (Hi3510) to display output on zynq.
0 Kudos
Visitor roiberts
Visitor

Thanks for reply

In Zynq I want develop a H.264 codec + other elaboration .

I woluld like to know how many resources are used ,depending on performance or other parameter...Im not the first to do this work, so,I hope to have a aproximate measure about resource.

Thanks

Roberto

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Ok, we are using the 690t of V7 series, referring to our previous h.264 codec project, the ram resources on the chip are relatively tight, so you should pay attention to this, and you should know how many channels of output are needed, and we used 4 channels of output on our project.
0 Kudos
Visitor roiberts
Visitor

Thanks again for reply

If I can I ask another question: 

-As a long study path,what is the best way to start; example ,realize first in C/C++ or ??

-Are the resource dependent of FPS ? That means, a 10fps compared to a 30fps ,what caracteristic change in my FPGA selection?

-Some reference if possible ?

Thanks for help

Roberto

0 Kudos

HI @roiberts 

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos