UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer xiaoqunhua
Observer

HDMI 2.0 VIDEO PHY Controller

Jump to solution

I am using the VIDEO PHY Controller core in a new design of HDMI 2.0 and I have a few questions about it. 

The first question:

The GT Starting Channel Locating is X0Y8 in Bank 226. Can i change it to X0Y11?

The pinout of HDMI RX on my board is like this. How can i change the setting of VIDEO PHY Controller ?

The second question:

Can i cancel the NI-DRU in my design? What's the function of NI-DRU in VIDEO PHY Controller?

The third question:

There are six HDMI RX and one HDMI TX in my design(XCKU040-2FFVA1156) , so the GTH pin is very nervous.

The pinout of the third HDMI RX on my board is like this.

Is it correct? How can i change the setting of VIDEO PHY Controller ?

Thanks and Regards

Iris

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: HDMI 2.0 VIDEO PHY Controller

Jump to solution
The pinout of HDMI RX on my board is like this. How can i change the setting of VIDEO PHY Controller ?
[A] Sure you can change the GT starting location. You just have to change the top module XDC file to do this.

Can i cancel the NI-DRU in my design? What's the function of NI-DRU in VIDEO PHY Controller?
[A] NI-DRU is used for receiving resolutions whose GT clocking is lower than what is supported by the Xilinx GT's. You can find more about these resolutions and the dicssion in the PG.
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
The pinout of HDMI RX on my board is like this. How can i change the setting of VIDEO PHY Controller ?
[A] Sure you can change the GT starting location. You just have to change the top module XDC file to do this.

Can i cancel the NI-DRU in my design? What's the function of NI-DRU in VIDEO PHY Controller?
[A] NI-DRU is used for receiving resolutions whose GT clocking is lower than what is supported by the Xilinx GT's. You can find more about these resolutions and the dicssion in the PG.
Thanks,
Anirudh

PS: Please MARK this as an answer in case it helped resolve your query.Give kudos in case the post guided you to a solution.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution
There are six HDMI RX and one HDMI TX in my design(XCKU040-2FFVA1156) , so the GTH pin is very nervous.
[A] What do you mean when you say it is nervous? Do you mean there aren't enough resoures available for 6 RX and 1 TX?
What setting do you want to chaange in the VIDEO PHY controller?
Thanks,
Anirudh

0 Kudos
Observer xiaoqunhua
Observer

Jump to solution

The pictures are attached.

The first question:

The GT Starting Channel Locating is X0Y8 in Bank 226(picture03). 
The pinout of HDMI RX on my board is like this(picture01),The GT Starting Channel Locating is X0Y11.

How can I change the top module XDC file or the setting of VIDEO PHY Controller ?

The third question:

There are six HDMI RX and one HDMI TX in my design(XCKU040-2FFVA1156) , so the GTH pin is very nervous.

The data pinout of some HDMI RX is in different GTH bank ,The pinout of the third HDMI RX on my board is like this(picture02).  

Is it ok? How can I change How can I change the top module XDC file or the setting of VIDEO PHY Controller ?

Thanks,

Iris

picture03.png
picture01.png
picture02.png
0 Kudos