UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer dalain00
Observer

HDMI IP 2.0 Lock Issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

I started from the HDMI IP XAPP1287 to dev a new product with an HDMI output. Since I don't need an HDMI input, I removed the HDMI RX on both FPGA and SDK. Now I have some weird behaviors with the design.

1) I need to hold the pin TX_REFCLK_RDY low for a long time to be able to see a video with both the test pattern and the dedicated video input (test pat is in bypass). 10ms is not enough. I added a delay of about 1s and now the test pattern seems to start almost all the time at power-up. Why? I would expect that a simple few ms of reset should be enough after my ref clock is stable.

2) I can switch from the test pat at power-up to the dedicated video input, but I can't switch back to the test pattern after that. The behavior is strange: the HDMI lock never goes up after I set back the test pattern and I don't see the StreamUp event. I assume that since this event is hooked to some internal DCM both status and INT are related. What is the purpose of this DCM (which clock is connected to)?

Thanks for your help.
Denis

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer dalain00
Observer

Re: HDMI IP 2.0 Lock Issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

I found the problem: the on board PLL Si5314C of the KC705 stop sending clock in free run mode if there is an input clock present in some circumstances. Since I won't use this PLL on the final product, this is not an important bug and I found a workaround.

Please note that I used the PLL init code from the XAPP, so you may experience the same thing than me!

Best Regards, 

Denis.

1 Reply
Observer dalain00
Observer

Re: HDMI IP 2.0 Lock Issue

Jump to solution

Hi,

I found the problem: the on board PLL Si5314C of the KC705 stop sending clock in free run mode if there is an input clock present in some circumstances. Since I won't use this PLL on the final product, this is not an important bug and I found a workaround.

Please note that I used the PLL init code from the XAPP, so you may experience the same thing than me!

Best Regards, 

Denis.