UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor nleclerc
Visitor

HDMI TX Subsystem - Link data width for 2 samples per clock changed from version 3.0 to version 3.1

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am struggling with the HDMI TX subsystem v3.1.  We have a somewhat working design on another platform that uses version 3.0 (2017.3) and we are moving toward 2018.2 using version 3.1.

It would seem like the link between the HDMI core and the Video Phy core has changed from 40 bits down to 20 when using 2 pixels per clock.  I just wanted to confirm that this is right since documentation doesn't show this at all; it still shows 40 bits of data width on this interface for the two mode of transport (2PPC or 4PPC).  This implies that the link clock must be twice as fast as before.

Has anyone used version 3.1 of the subsystem yet?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Visitor nleclerc
Visitor

Re: HDMI TX Subsystem - Link data width for 2 samples per clock changed from version 3.0 to version 3.1

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is no solution, the fact is that it did change.  I managed to get it working.  No answers helped on this issue.

Thanks anyway, any insight is appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Scholar beandigital
Scholar

Re: HDMI TX Subsystem - Link data width for 2 samples per clock changed from version 3.0 to version 3.1

Jump to solution
The link data width is a multiple of 10-bits. So for 2PPC it will be 20-bits.
0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi @nleclerc

Would you make sure video format ?

As you mentioned before, it seems that video format is YCbCb 10bit mode. (Like ITU-BT.656 and BT.1120)

Is it correct ?

I guess you set YCrCb 16bit as ITU BT.1120. So your bus width is 32bit.

Would you explain more details ?

Also, would you tell me target resolution and frame rate, too ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @nleclerc,

Do you have any update on this? Were the replies from @watari or @beandigital enough for you?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Visitor nleclerc
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

There is no solution, the fact is that it did change.  I managed to get it working.  No answers helped on this issue.

Thanks anyway, any insight is appreciated.

0 Kudos