UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor nikolamkg
Visitor

HDMI TX-only reference design timing problem

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have been trying to use HDMI TX-only design example in Vivado 2018.1 on ZCU102 evaluation kit. I create design from HDMI TX component, I only change from pass-through topology to TX-only, other parameters are left with their initial values, but after running synthesis I get timing violations for a lot of paths. I have attached .rpx and .txt timing reports. I have been stuck with this problem for several days now, and it seems no one reports the same problem.

Thanks for reply.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Visitor nikolamkg
Visitor

Re: HDMI TX-only reference design timing problem

Jump to solution

@xud not sure why, but now everything seems to be working fine, and during implementation everything manages to be routed correctly, so there is no more timing problem. If I encounter the same problem ever again, I'll update you, but I have tried it several times in the last couple of days, and no more errors.

Regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi @nikolamkg

Your problem is hold timing violation.

Would you refer the following post ?

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Timing-Analysis/how-to-fix-hold-violation-any-general-solution/td-p/678977

Bst regards,

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @nikolamkg,

Are you building the example design directly from the IP? I.e. Add the IP in a design, select TX only in the IP gui and right click > open example design?

Is this flow failing? Could you share the xci file you are using?

Thanks,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@nikolamkg can you attach the HDMI xci file please? I will try to reproduce the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Visitor nikolamkg
Visitor

Jump to solution

@xud not sure why, but now everything seems to be working fine, and during implementation everything manages to be routed correctly, so there is no more timing problem. If I encounter the same problem ever again, I'll update you, but I have tried it several times in the last couple of days, and no more errors.

Regards

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @nikolamkg,

As the issue is not happening anymore, could you kindly close the topic by marking your last reply as accepted solution to close the topic (click on the button "Accept as solution" below your reply).

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos