UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

HDMI YUV 4:2:0 Support

Jump to solution

Hi,
I read the product guide of HDMI Transmitter and Receiver Subsystem (pg235, pg236), if I've a YUV 4:2:0 input video signal I understand that this data format is not compliant to the AXI4-Stream but in both documents (page 39, 40) there's the same sentence:

"Therefore, a remapping feature is added to HDMI 1.4/2.0 Transmitter Subsystem to convert HDMI native video into AXI4-Stream video."

Is this a mistake? Both documents talk about the transmitter subsystem, but if I've a YUV 4:2:0 input, the output of the receiver subsystem follow the description of figure 3-9 (pg236 page 40)?

If previous is true, next question is, suppose to have a YUV 4:2:0 input and want to send it to the output, supposing to have a buffer (VDMA) between the two subsystems, if the data have the same format as YUV 4:2:2 I just need to setup the HDMI output to YUV 4:2:0? The transmitter subsystem add proper subsampling?

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: HDMI YUV 4:2:0 Support

Jump to solution

Hi @auricm

Thanks for reporting the issue related to "Therefore, a remapping feature is added to HDMI 1.4/2.0 Transmitter Subsystem to convert HDMI native video into AXI4-Stream video."

There is a problem with PG236 April 4, 2018 : some sections are for HDMI TX Subsystem, not for HDMI RX Subsystem.

Please refer to PG236 December 20, 2017, https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/v_hdmi_rx_ss/v3_0/pg236-v-hdmi-rx-ss.pdf

It describes as "

Therefore, a remapping feature is added to HDMI 1.4/2.0 Receiver Subsystem to convert AXI4-Stream video into HDMI native video."

I will file a change request to report this problem.

1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: HDMI YUV 4:2:0 Support

Jump to solution

Hi @auricm

Thanks for reporting the issue related to "Therefore, a remapping feature is added to HDMI 1.4/2.0 Transmitter Subsystem to convert HDMI native video into AXI4-Stream video."

There is a problem with PG236 April 4, 2018 : some sections are for HDMI TX Subsystem, not for HDMI RX Subsystem.

Please refer to PG236 December 20, 2017, https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/v_hdmi_rx_ss/v3_0/pg236-v-hdmi-rx-ss.pdf

It describes as "

Therefore, a remapping feature is added to HDMI 1.4/2.0 Receiver Subsystem to convert AXI4-Stream video into HDMI native video."

I will file a change request to report this problem.