UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant randriantsoa
Participant

HDMI frame buffer

HI,

I tried to move the zcu102_hdmi_8b_exdes_2018_3 to zcu104 board with the appropriate xdc file (pinning modified for matching with zcu104 board) but I got the following error:

[DRC RTSTAT-1] Unrouted nets: 2 net(s) are unrouted. The problem bus(es) and/or net(s) are hdmi_example_zcu102_i/vid_phy_controller/inst/gt_usrclk_source_inst/gtrefclk0_in[0], and hdmi_example_zcu102_i/vid_phy_controller/inst/gt_usrclk_source_inst/gtrefclk1_in[0].

Please find enclosed the schematic.

I use Vivado 2018.3.

Could you help me to solve this problem?

Best regards,

Tags (2)
schematic.png
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Participant randriantsoa
Participant

Re: HDMI frame buffer

Hi,

The problem could be from the xdc file. The UG1267 ZCU Evaluation board User Guide doesn't match with xdc file. For exemple, in UG 1267 page 60, HDMI_TX_LVDS_OUT_P is routed to FPGA pin H9 whereas in the zcu104.xdc file, it is routed to pin G21.

I will modify my design.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Participant randriantsoa
Participant

Hi,

I tried to move zcu102 to zcu104 board with the right zcu104.sdc but I still got the same error message.

Idem for the migration of zcu106 to zcu104, I also got the same error.

[DRC RTSTAT-1] Unrouted nets: 2 net(s) are unrouted. The problem bus(es) and/or net(s) are hdmi_example_zcu102_i/vid_phy_controller/inst/gt_usrclk_source_inst/gtrefclk0_in[0], and hdmi_example_zcu102_i/vid_phy_controller/inst/gt_usrclk_source_inst/gtrefclk1_in[0].

Someone would have an advice?

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Hi @randriantsoa 

The pin names might not match between the ZCU104 and ZCU104 thus I am not surprised it is not working for you.

You need to understand the how to connect the GT clocking if you want to have a correct placement. I recommend you read UG576.

You need to use the correct input for the GTREFCLK. GTREFCLK0/1 if the data lanes are on the same bank or GTNORTHREFCLK/GTSOUTHREFCLK if the clock is coming from adjacent banks

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Hi @randriantsoa 

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Aoife
0 Kudos
Participant randriantsoa
Participant

Hi,

Finally, I started from a Vivado IP example. I followed PG236 HDMI 1.4/2.0 Receiver Subsystem v3.1 in wich I instanciated the HDMI passthrough example, applied on ZCU104 board.

I tested it on ZCU104 board and it worked.

By the following, I added in vivado write and read frame buffers and I edited the mapping address of my design according to the mapping of the zcu102_hdmi_8b_exdes_2019_1 design.

I synthetized the design, generated the bitstream and exported the design.

For petalinux, I started from /zcu102_hdmi_8b_exdes_2019_1/apu/petalinux_bsp project.

Firstly, I copied the hdf file generated in zcu104 project above into /zcu102_hdmi_8b_exdes_2019_1/apu/petalinux_bsp/project-spec/hw-description and renamed it in system.hdf.

I modified the  following files :

- /zcu102_hdmi_8b_exdes_2019_1/petalinux_bsp /project-spec/configs/config based on zcu104-rv-ss-2018-3/petalinux/bsp/project-spec/configs/config

- /zcu102_hdmi_8b_exdes_2019_1/petalinux_bsp /project-spec/meta-user/recipes-bsp/device-trree/device-trree.bbappend as follows:

FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"

SRC_URI += "file://system-user.dtsi"
SRC_URI += "file://hdmi/drm-hdmi.dtsi"
SRC_URI += "file://hdmi/pl.dtsi"
SRC_URI += "file://hdmi/vcap-hdmi.dtsi"
SRC_URI += "file://zcu104/pcw.dtsi"
SRC_URI += "file://zcu104/system-conf.dtsi"
SRC_URI += "file://zcu104/zcu104-revc.dtsi"

For the files /zcu104/pcw.dtsi, /zcu104/system-conf.dtsi and /zcu104/zcu104-revc.dtsi, I used their equivalents from zcu104-rv-ss-2018-3 project.

I launched petalinux-build from /zcu102_hdmi_8b_exdes_2019_1/apu/petalinux_bsp project and generated the BOOT.BIN and image.usb files to SD card.

When I started the board, I got the error shown in the attached file.

Could you help me?

Best regards,

Terminal.png
0 Kudos
Participant randriantsoa
Participant

Hi,

I saw the problem. The error was from the qspi flash0 partition in the system-conf.dtsi. The partition number should be 3 but not 4.

Nevertheless, I still have no HDMI passthrough. I continue my debugging.

Best regards,

Hi @randriantsoa 

Were you able to find the solution to your issue? 

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply).

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Aoife
0 Kudos