UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

HDMI not getting XVPHY_HDMI_HANDLER_TXREADY callback

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am working on an HDMI TX project on a Kintex-7 (xc7k160tffg676-1 device) in Vivado/SDK 2017.4 using the latest IP and drivers.

I am debugging where I am not successfully receiving a XVPHY_HDMI_HANDLER_TXREADY callback which I expected when I toggled the VPhy.tx_refclk_rdy low and back high with the gtrefclkin oscillating at the correct frequency.

I have my code setup shown below.  Can somebody help me determine how to debug what needs to happen in order to successfully get the callback?

Sorry I tried to attach images but the website kept complaining about HTML errors when I did that.

HdmiConfig function called at uBlaze initialization:

int HdmiConfig () {
XV_HdmiTxSs_Config *XV_HdmiTxSs_ConfigPtr;
XVphy_Config *XVphyCfgPtr;
int Status;

XV_HdmiTxSs_ConfigPtr = XV_HdmiTxSs_LookupConfig(XPAR_HDMI_V_HDMI_TX_SS_0_V_HDMI_TX_DEVICE_ID);
if (XV_HdmiTxSs_ConfigPtr == NULL) {
HdmiTxSs.IsReady = 0;
debug_print("HdmiTxSS device not found \n\r");
return XST_FAILURE;
}

Status = XV_HdmiTxSs_CfgInitialize(&HdmiTxSs, XV_HdmiTxSs_ConfigPtr, XV_HdmiTxSs_ConfigPtr->BaseAddress);
if (Status != XST_SUCCESS) {
debug_print("ERROR: HDMI Tx Substyem initialization failed%d\n\r", Status);
return XST_FAILURE;
}

/* TX callback setup */
XV_HdmiTxSs_SetCallback(&HdmiTxSs, XV_HDMITXSS_HANDLER_CONNECT, TxConnectCallback, (void *)&HdmiTxSs); // Connect callback
// XV_HdmiTxSs_SetCallback(&HdmiTxSs, XV_HDMITXSS_HANDLER_VS, TxVsCallback, (void *)&HdmiTxSs); // Vsync callback
XV_HdmiTxSs_SetCallback(&HdmiTxSs, XV_HDMITXSS_HANDLER_STREAM_UP, TxStreamUpCallback, (void *)&HdmiTxSs); // Stream up callback
XV_HdmiTxSs_SetCallback(&HdmiTxSs, XV_HDMITXSS_HANDLER_STREAM_DOWN, TxStreamDownCallback, (void *)&HdmiTxSs); // Stream down callback

// Initialize Video PHY
XVphyCfgPtr = XVphy_LookupConfig(XPAR_HDMI_VID_PHY_CONTROLLER_HDMI_TX_DEVICE_ID);
if (XVphyCfgPtr == NULL) {
debug_print("Video PHY device not found\n\r");
return XST_FAILURE;
}

Status |= XVphy_HdmiInitialize(&Vphy, 0, XVphyCfgPtr, SYS_FREQ);
if (Status != XST_SUCCESS) {
debug_print("HDMI VPHY initialization error\n\r");
return XST_FAILURE;
}

/* GT callback setup */

XVphy_SetHdmiCallback(&Vphy, XVPHY_HDMI_HANDLER_TXINIT, GtTxInitCallback, (void *)&Vphy);
XVphy_SetHdmiCallback(&Vphy, XVPHY_HDMI_HANDLER_TXREADY, GtTxReadyCallback, (void *)&Vphy);

debug_print("Disable the PHY controller TMDS clock\n\r");
XVphy_Clkout1OBufTdsEnable(&Vphy, XVPHY_DIR_TX,(FALSE));

return 0;
}

GtTxReadyCallback function defined in the same C file:

void GtTxReadyCallback(void *CallbackRef)
{
debug_print("in user-defined GtTxReadyCallback\n\r");
}

Thanks.

Tim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: HDMI not getting XVPHY_HDMI_HANDLER_TXREADY callback

Jump to solution

@tim_severance

Please refer to Figure 3-10 (page 56) of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/vid_phy_controller/v2_1/pg230-vid-phy-controller.pdf

You can use XVphy_LogDisplay(&Vphy); to print out the log for Video PHY, so I have more ideas on where the problem is.

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

@tim_severance

Please refer to Figure 3-10 (page 56) of https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/vid_phy_controller/v2_1/pg230-vid-phy-controller.pdf

You can use XVphy_LogDisplay(&Vphy); to print out the log for Video PHY, so I have more ideas on where the problem is.

Jump to solution

@xud,

Thanks for the helpful information!   This will for sure help in the debug.

Tim

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @tim_severance,

Did you have any further questions about the callback? If so, please reply with your status, if not please mark @xud's solution as "accepted solution."

Regards,

Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub