UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant dcc3
Participant

Hdmi in/out with HLS Image Processing Core on Zynq 7000 chip

Jump to solution

I've been working with an inherited project from another student (implemented on the Pynq but not using the Pynq overlays, just hardware) that does a Hdmi in/out and a LUT for a passthrough that was coded in Verilog.  There is a VDMA/timing core on the input stream but nothing on the output stream - which I'm guess works when there's no delay introduced from heavy image processing.  What I've been attempting to do for the past few weeks is modify this project to be something like the "frame-buffer architecture for video processing" as referenced in XAPP1167.  I've added a VDMA to sync the output stream but any alterations to this project seem to cut off the hdmi out signal -  as in the monitor doesn't recognize any source.  This is using the same monitor, cables on the working inheriting version.

I have several image processing IP core made in HLS (like Sobel) that I'd love to use in this hdmi in/out stream.  However, all of my attempts seem to not work.  

Is there an existing demo system like this that I could download and reference? I've searched the forums, the web, everywhere and couldn't find a system that ties together hdmi in, out and a custom HLS core.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Re: Hdmi in/out with HLS Image Processing Core on Zynq 7000 chip

Jump to solution

@dcc3,

In the document, http://web-pcm.cnfm.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Workbook-Digilent_ZYBO_Video_Workshop.pdf

the 5 Task Two – Create a pass-through video pipeline might help you. Have a look!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Replies
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

Jump to solution

@dcc3,

In the document, http://web-pcm.cnfm.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Workbook-Digilent_ZYBO_Video_Workshop.pdf

the 5 Task Two – Create a pass-through video pipeline might help you. Have a look!

FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
Participant dcc3
Participant

Jump to solution

Thanks so much! I think this is exactly what I've been looking for!

0 Kudos