UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor bihuf
Visitor

How to output different line rate with MIPI TX-DPHY

Jump to solution

I'm developing a DSI design with K7 device. To verify different DSI display, my design needs to support generating DSI stream with different line rate. But the TX-DPHY IP seems only support fixed line rate.

As far as I know, the MIPI DPHY IP cannot support dynamic line rate change, as mentioned in another topic of "MIPI D-PHY CSI-2 receiver change line rate".

What should I do? Is there any alternative solution for this requirement?

Best regards.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: How to output different line rate with MIPI TX-DPHY

Jump to solution

Hello @bihuf

1. Yes, your understanding is correct. Unfortunately Xilinx MIPI D-PHY does not support  dynamic line rate change.

2. If you are planning to use Xilinx DSI TX Subsystem , your use-case is not supported.

Thanks
Leo

Note : 

We do have a customer who use MIPI D-PHY TX  with dynamic line rate change.

They generated all MIPI D-PHY TX IP with Shared logic in Example Design, and design a custom shared logic.

It is possible because they are using their own CSI-2 TX controller, and building a custom shared logic by themselves.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @bihuf

1. Yes, your understanding is correct. Unfortunately Xilinx MIPI D-PHY does not support  dynamic line rate change.

2. If you are planning to use Xilinx DSI TX Subsystem , your use-case is not supported.

Thanks
Leo

Note : 

We do have a customer who use MIPI D-PHY TX  with dynamic line rate change.

They generated all MIPI D-PHY TX IP with Shared logic in Example Design, and design a custom shared logic.

It is possible because they are using their own CSI-2 TX controller, and building a custom shared logic by themselves.

Visitor bihuf
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi, Leo

Thanks for your answer. Very helpful for my design.

To customize the shared logic, I need to confirm the difference between two TX-DPHY IPs with different line rates is only different MMCM configuration. And the successful customer case is much persuadable.

Thanks,

wenyong