UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor gmueller
Visitor

I2S Transmitter FIFO size

Hello!

We would like to use the i2s IP for low latency audio processing. Is there a way to reduce the FIFO size below th 64 samples? The documentation states that transmission is only started when the FIFO is half filled.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: I2S Transmitter FIFO size

Hello @gmueller ,

As mentioned in the PG308, The FIFO Depth allowed values are as shown in the below "FIFO Depth" Image. So, the minimum FIFO Depth is 64. So, User can't reduce the depth value below then the 64. I hope this heps to You.

Regards,

Ashok.

FIFO Depth.JPG
Visitor gmueller
Visitor

So, is there a bug tracker or ticket system where I could request a change of the IP?

0 Kudos

Hi @gmueller 

You need to contact your FAE to ask for an enhancement of the IP with the technical reason of it and the detail of your project. Then he will contact marketing with your business case and marketing will decide if the IP should be change or not.

Regards

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**