UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor mano1988
Visitor

Image processing

Hey folks,

I'm new to System Generator and worked through the 7 quick start labs with no problems, also I am successful in performing some point operations (threshold, intensity modifications, intensity spreading, ) in an image.

Now, I am working in implementing a CLAHE (Contrast Limited Adaptive Histogram Equalization) image enhancement algorithm in FPGA. Where I need to split the image into FOUR regions and perform the histogram equalization in each region. I couldn"t achieve the above said splitting of an image.

Can any one suggest any technique of algorithm to spilt the image into regions, it would be great help for my work.

Thanks in advance!!!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Visitor mano1988
Visitor

Re: Image processing

Is there any possibility that I could divide a whole matrix or a single row(2D signal converted into 1D and stored in a buffer). It s just a theoretical concept. I want to know, how to carry out the above using system generator.

0 Kudos
Visitor arronlee
Visitor

I am a newbie here, too. And I want to find an image processing SDK which can be customized by users according to their own favors. I have tried some manual ones according to its imaging program tutorials. Any one has any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arron

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Newbie abigail111

HI there

If you want to split the image,you can just add an image program.There are many third party tool for image processing.

You can just choose the most suitable one for you.I have  got a free trial from this image  program.You can take a look and have a try.Hope to help you.

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hello,

I am also using Clahe algorithm in image processing but I am finding few blocks along with latency in it. The problem I am facing is in clahe, so can anyone provide me a better algorithm which we can work on hardware since I have tried with all possible changes but I could get quite better image but still I am not able to remove blocks and reduce the latency. So please help me to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Rashmi

0 Kudos
Observer cekong
Observer

I am a newbie too.Recently I am doing something about image processing by using system generator.I don't konw how to use the FFT V7.1.Please help me to resolve the issue.

I am inexperienced.Any one has some examples about fft of a image or image processing? Can you send them to me(wb@shao.ac.cn)?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos