UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer espsea
Observer

Input TMDS IOSTANDARD to GT.

Jump to solution

Hi,

Im am currently implementing a FMC card for HDMI 1.4b input (RX) to a ZCU106. Is it correct that all you need to make the TMDS signals compliant with the GT is to add 50 ohm termination resistors? Read something about that the HDMI standard accept a larger variation than the GT tranceiver PLL is garanteed to be able to lock on. Does this mean that i should add a repeater/retimer on the clock or does this apply to all TMDS signals? Any thoughts around this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Input TMDS IOSTANDARD to GT.

Jump to solution

Hi @espsea

ZCU106 has HDMI port, it doesn't need additional FMC card to work with HDMI. So you can refer to ZCU106 schematic.

If you want to design your own card at RX side, yes, you need to use external pull-up resistor(50 ohms), which is close to GT, to do the TMDS level shifting job.

For repeater/retimer (Ti TMDS181), it's required for HDMI 2.0 data rates. It helps to clean up signals. So you need it to pass the HDMI 2.0 compliance test.

2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @espsea

ZCU106 has HDMI port, it doesn't need additional FMC card to work with HDMI. So you can refer to ZCU106 schematic.

If you want to design your own card at RX side, yes, you need to use external pull-up resistor(50 ohms), which is close to GT, to do the TMDS level shifting job.

For repeater/retimer (Ti TMDS181), it's required for HDMI 2.0 data rates. It helps to clean up signals. So you need it to pass the HDMI 2.0 compliance test.

Observer espsea
Observer

Jump to solution

Hi xud,

Thanks for the reply.

I should probably have mentioned that i will input two HDMI streams to the ZCU106 so i will use the HDMI port

on the card for one of the inputs and a FMC card for the other. However, i got the answer i was after, thanks alot. 

0 Kudos