UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

MIPI CSI -2 DPHY HS mode

Jump to solution

Hello,

On K7 family series:-

1. Low power state (LPS) insertion between the packets. What's the fashion of the transition for the High-SPeed mode?
LP00->LP01->LP11

2. In pg:no27 of pg260-MIPI-csi2-tx transition LP11 is explaining what?

3. We want CSI-2 DPhy in High-Speed mode what are the transitions initially the controller generates to CSI-2 Rx in regards the LP to HS?

4. Does CSI Tx packetizes 8 bits into a byte?

5. What is the data word for YUV_422 like RGB888 has 0x24?

Regards,
Prasanna Kumar Daram

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MIPI CSI -2 DPHY HS mode

Jump to solution

Hello Prasanna @daram123

Some of your questions are regarding MIPI protocol specification. Could you please take sometime to read these.

For MIPI D-PHY specification please check: https://members.mipi.org/wg/All-Members/document/folder/8358

For MIPI CSI-2 specification please check : https://members.mipi.org/wg/All-Members/document/folder/8367

1. Low power state (LPS) insertion between the packets. What's the fashion of the transition for the High-SPeed mode?

MIPI starts from LP mode, to change to HS mode, we have the following transition for both clock/data lanes.

LP11-->LP01->LP00->HS

XF_MAG_TRANSITION_LP_HS.png

I do not understand this question.

I cannot find LP11 keyword in page 27.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mipi_csi2_tx_subsystem/v2_0/pg260-mipi-csi2-tx.pdf

3. We want CSI-2 DPhy in High-Speed mode what are the transitions initially the controller generates to CSI-2 Rx in regards the LP to HS?

(a) ensure all clocks are stable

(b) Follow reset sequence mentioned in PG260 Figure 3-4.

(c) set core enable.

(d) put pixel data into AXI4-stream input I/F (recommend to use AXI4-stream I/F instead of Native interface)

For details see PG260 chapter3.

Yes

Hmm, I believe you are asking for Data type.

For YUV422 8 bit, Data type=0x1E. (This is mentioned in CSI-2 specification Chapter11)

Thanks  & regards

Leo

9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Prasanna @daram123

Some of your questions are regarding MIPI protocol specification. Could you please take sometime to read these.

For MIPI D-PHY specification please check: https://members.mipi.org/wg/All-Members/document/folder/8358

For MIPI CSI-2 specification please check : https://members.mipi.org/wg/All-Members/document/folder/8367

MIPI starts from LP mode, to change to HS mode, we have the following transition for both clock/data lanes.

LP11-->LP01->LP00->HS

XF_MAG_TRANSITION_LP_HS.png

I do not understand this question.

I cannot find LP11 keyword in page 27.

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mipi_csi2_tx_subsystem/v2_0/pg260-mipi-csi2-tx.pdf

(a) ensure all clocks are stable

(b) Follow reset sequence mentioned in PG260 Figure 3-4.

(c) set core enable.

(d) put pixel data into AXI4-stream input I/F (recommend to use AXI4-stream I/F instead of Native interface)

For details see PG260 chapter3.

Yes

Hmm, I believe you are asking for Data type.

For YUV422 8 bit, Data type=0x1E. (This is mentioned in CSI-2 specification Chapter11)

Thanks  & regards

Leo

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@karnanl
>HS has a 400mv range and LP has a 1.2V after HS does the transition occurs on the pins of HS mode?

FPGA has LVDS pins. Do they support 1.2V and 400 mV and also the transitions?

CSI -2 Tx generates the transitions?

Regards,
Prasanna Kumar Daram

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Is "10"&x"4" same as x"24"?

Regards,
Prasanna Daram

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Prasanna Kumar @daram123

>FPGA has LVDS pins. Do they support 1.2V and 400 mV and also the transitions?

(Answer is no)

Opps, it seems you are using 7-series devices. We do highly recommended to use US+ devices (any model) for MIPI I/F.

7-series device does not have I/O that support MIPI D-PHY natively. If you want to use  7-series you will need to use external PHY device (for example device from Meticom).

>CSI -2 Tx generates the transitions?

Yes.

MIPI CSI-2 TX Subsystem has MIPI D-PHY TX IP inside. MIPI D-PHY TX IP responsible to generate LP->HS, HS->LP transition.

>is "10"&x"4" same as x"24"?

Pardon me, I do not understand this question.

Thanks & regards

Leo

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@karnanlK7 and FPGA D-PHY generate the transitions. to Pass it forward to external devices we need Meticom MC20902. Does this setup carry the transitions of LP->HS and HS->LP?

Regards,
Prasanna Daram

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @daram123

As per my knowledge, Answer is yes.

For more information check xapp894-d-phy-solutions.pdf (Specifically  Page18~20)

Regards,

Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@karnanl The word count for RGB888 1920x1080p60 is x"1680". What it is in a Dual Pixel per beat?

Regards,
Prasanna Daram

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @daram123

1. Word count = 1920 pixel x 3 byte = 5760 (dec) = 0x1680. This is the number of byte in 1 HS packet.

Details explanation can be found in MIPI CSI-2 specification

2. Same answer for Dual pixel per beat.

SInce the word count does not change.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & regards

Leo

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hello @bpatil>>
The XAPP Dphy doesn't specify the METICOM MC20902 GPIO lines, to be set to MIPI Dphy or LVDS to SLVS conversion. pg-no 4 in this document gives enough details for METICOM Conversion.

Regards,
Prasanna Daram