UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor goumail
Visitor

MIPI CSI2 wave form interpretation

Jump to solution

Black_all_lanes.jpg

Helo everyone,

I am investigating the MIPI CSI2 interface with an oscilloscope. But unfortunately it has no CSI2-bus protocol. I get the wave form and unfortunately don't know how to interpret it. On black and white signals, for example, I can hardly see a difference. Can someone help me to distinguish the bytes? How do I recognize bits 0 and 1? Is it even possible on the wave form?

Thanks for your Help

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MIPI CSI2 wave form interpretation

Jump to solution

Hello @goumail

>I unfortunately don't have the MIPI D-phy specification. My Company doesn't belong to the MIPI alliance, so I can't Register for a account on mipi.org. Are there others ways to get this specification? thanks.

Unfortunately, We cannot help on this. We are not allowed to share this MIPI IP specifications.
Please try to get the specification from MIPI.org.

> The MIPI Tx I'm using is the Toshiba HDMI to CSI2 Bridge. the TC358743. And My Rx ist a Computer Module. I'm using the Compute Module from Pi just to test the toshiba Module.

If your TX is Toshiba TC358743 and RX is Pi  Computer Module (not an FPGA), How can I help you on this case ? . I've never use those devices, and I do not have any knowledge on this.

>The Diagramm I shared with you was only Dp. This one got both of them.

Since You did not attached the diagram on your previous post.
Sorry, but I am not sure what you are trying to say.

Thanks & regards
Leo

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Goumail @goumail

Hmmm, I don’t think this is MIPI CSI-2 waveform. Something wrong with your system.

Is the MIPI TX an image sensor or Xilinx FPGA ?

How do you take the waveform measurement from TX ? Could you please share a simple measurement diagram ?

BTW, Do you have MIPI D-PHY specification ? ( You can download it from mipi.org ) .  Please, see the following pictures.

Thanks & regards

Leo

XF_MIPI.png
XF_MIPI2.png
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @goumail,

Is everything clear for you? Was @karnanl's reply enough for you?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Visitor goumail
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Leo,

thank you very much for your help.

I unfortunately don't have the MIPI D-phy specification. My Company doesn't belong to the MIPI alliance, so I can't Register for a account on mipi.org. Are there others ways to get this specification? thanks.

The MIPI Tx I'm using is the Toshiba HDMI to CSI2 Bridge. the TC358743. And My Rx ist a Computer Module. I'm using the Compute Module from Pi just to test the toshiba Module. My Goal is to use this chip to transfert Video data from my Monitor to an camera control unit. I'm wanna replace the Image sensor from the camera with the toshiba chip. I don't know if it could work.

The camera is using the Xilinx Zynq ultrascale + for Image processing.

The Diagramm I shared with you was only Dp. This one got both of them.

I was on voccation. sory for answering so late. and sory for the gramatic. My english is not that good. Thanks

Yellow2.jpg

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @goumail

>I unfortunately don't have the MIPI D-phy specification. My Company doesn't belong to the MIPI alliance, so I can't Register for a account on mipi.org. Are there others ways to get this specification? thanks.

Unfortunately, We cannot help on this. We are not allowed to share this MIPI IP specifications.
Please try to get the specification from MIPI.org.

> The MIPI Tx I'm using is the Toshiba HDMI to CSI2 Bridge. the TC358743. And My Rx ist a Computer Module. I'm using the Compute Module from Pi just to test the toshiba Module.

If your TX is Toshiba TC358743 and RX is Pi  Computer Module (not an FPGA), How can I help you on this case ? . I've never use those devices, and I do not have any knowledge on this.

>The Diagramm I shared with you was only Dp. This one got both of them.

Since You did not attached the diagram on your previous post.
Sorry, but I am not sure what you are trying to say.

Thanks & regards
Leo

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @goumail,

Do you have any updates on this?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos
Visitor goumail
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Florent,

Sorry to answer only now. I had to stop at all to look for another solution. and also I was still in vacation. sorry again.

By the way I have a new Question. Before I start with this new Project, I would like to know if its possible to catch an HDMI-Signal from an Monitor and covert it to an CSI2-Signal RAW10/12 or 14? I wanna use an the xinx ultrascale plus for this. But I firstly wanna know if its event possible.

any Ideas?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @goumail,

Xilinx has an HDMI RX IP and a MIPI CSI TX IP. So yes it is possible to do HDMI -> MIPI CSI. But there is work to do between both interfaces

Florent
0 Kudos
Visitor goumail
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi Florent,

thank you very much for your very quick reply.

"Xilinx has an HDMI RX IP and a MIPI CSI TX IP. So yes it is possible to do HDMI -> MIPI CSI. But there is work to do between both interfaces".

Any idea of:

- with FPGA is the must appropriate for this project? and how much does it cost? Like I said, my goal is to convert hdmi to csi2 raw12 or 14 data format.

- any estimation of how many time it cool take for an non professional fpga programmer? I means I get some knowleges from the university but not that much. It cool be an hard and great chalenge for me.

I hope you can undestand all what I write. my english is unfortunatly not that good. I also hope I coold always find help here on the xilinx forum. You guys do a great job. Thanks

king regards

0 Kudos