UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor zhxwu
Visitor

MIPI D-PHY IP simulation issue

I instantiated a MIPI D-PHY IP in vivado and configured this DPHY as a 4 lane RX dphy. Then I used a clk_wizard to generate the core_clk that dphy used and an ILA to debug the waveform. So, the whole design looks like a simple rx dphy. Then I just simply systhesis and implementation the design with no setup/hold violation. We plan to use this dphy FPGA board connected with a camera sensor daughter board and a CSI controller board. In the first version, when the whole environment was ready. The PPI signals seen from the ILA debug waveform seems not correct. As we can seen from the bolow screenshot image ppi-boxing.png, data lane0 and data lane2 will set the errsoths to high for 1 rxbyteclkhs, before rxdatahs was generated. but data lane1 and data lane3 not. Does this waveform looks correct? Another question about the DPHY, I want to simulate the whole design before synthsis, but DPHY has to many PPI signals and it is diffcult for me to write a testbench to drive the whole design. I would like to know is there any avaliable testbench that XILINX provided. And we can use this testbench to stimulus all the related signals in my design.
Tags (2)
ppi-boxing.png
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: MIPI D-PHY IP simulation issue

Hello @zhxwu

Xilinx do have an MIPI Example Design with simulation testbench. (Please read PG202 Chapter 5 )
https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/ip_documentation/mipi_dphy/v4_1/pg202-mipi-dphy.pdf

Could you please start from this Example Design ?
Please let me know if you have difficulity runnig the simulation.

Thanks & regards
Leo

-- MIPI is a Video IP. For MIPI related question please post on https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Video/bd-p/DSPTOOL

0 Kudos

Re: MIPI D-PHY IP simulation issue

@zhxwu 

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply).

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Aoife
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**