UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor kkahler
Visitor

Making video deinterlacer XSVI ports external

Jump to solution

I am trying to implement a video deinterlacer core in XPS with XSVI input and output ports that are connected outside the subsystem (i.e. made external). When I use version 2.00 of the deinterlacer this works as expected; the XSVI ports show up in the "Ports" tab under the deinterlacer and I can set them as external. When I try to use version 3.00 however, the XSVI ports seem to be invisible in the "Ports" view and I can't connect them to the outside world. Is this a known behavior for deinterlacer 3.00?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Making video deinterlacer XSVI ports external

Jump to solution
It's been a while since I've done this in XPS, but from what I recall, when signals are grouped as an interface, they show up in the Bus Interfaces tab and you don't get access to the individual signals. To take them external, you can make a little custom IP that just passes the signals from input to output. The input interface would be grouped as XSVI and connect to the deinterlacer. The output has no interface and you can pull off individual signals.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Making video deinterlacer XSVI ports external

Jump to solution
It's been a while since I've done this in XPS, but from what I recall, when signals are grouped as an interface, they show up in the Bus Interfaces tab and you don't get access to the individual signals. To take them external, you can make a little custom IP that just passes the signals from input to output. The input interface would be grouped as XSVI and connect to the deinterlacer. The output has no interface and you can pull off individual signals.
www.xilinx.com
0 Kudos