UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer elahi
Observer

Problem in Transcoding a video to lower resolution using Multi-scaler and vcu

Hello all, 

I want to transcode a 720p video into 480p video on zcu104 board running linux. I'm using Xilinx Multi-scaler ip core and VCU. So I have to do 3 operation:

1. Decode 720p video into raw frames using vcu

2. Scale down 720p frames to 480p frames using multi-scaler

3. Encode 480p frames using vcu.

I use following command:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=akiyo.mp4 ! queue ! qtdemux name=demux demux.video_0 ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! queue ! v4l2video0convert capture-io-mode=4 output-io-mode=4 ! "video/x-raw, width=853, height=480, format=NV12, framerate=25/1, interlace-mode=progressive, colorimetry=smpte240m" ! queue ! omxh264enc ! filesink location=final.mp4

but I get the following error: 

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link queue2 to omxh264enc-omxh264enc0

Could you please help me find the reason behind this? 

Thanks in advance

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Problem in Transcoding a video to lower resolution using Multi-scaler and vcu

Try runing gst-launch with the -v option to print out more verbose messages.  That might give you more information about why the queue2 couldn't be linked to the omxh264enc.

Chris
Video Design Hub | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: Problem in Transcoding a video to lower resolution using Multi-scaler and vcu

Hi @elahi 

As @chrisar already mentioned before, you need some option or environment setting to do debugging.

Would you add the following option, too ?

--gst_debug-level=3

Best regards,

0 Kudos