UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolution change in live streaming decode?(base on VCU_CTRL_SW)

Jump to solution
/*************************************************************************//*!
   \brief Resolution change callback definition.
   It is called only once when the first decoding process occurs.
   The decoder doesn't support a change of resolution inside a stream
   Callback must return an error code that can be different from AL_SUCCESS
   in case of memory allocation error
*****************************************************************************/
typedef struct
{
  AL_ERR (* func)(int BufferNumber, int BufferSize, AL_TStreamSettings const* pSettings, AL_TCropInfo const* pCropInfo, void* pUserParam);
  void* userParam;
}AL_CB_ResolutionFound;

Above is the callback function given by VCU_CTRL_SW, the note says "The decoder doesn't support a change of resolution inside a stream", but in my application, the resolution of the live stream will change during it's working.

捕获.PNG

when the stream Reso change from 1920x1080 to 1280x720, the decoder just stop working but do not give any infomation.

Can I get some Event or infomation to let me know Reso change, and then I can stop decoding and reset decoder??

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Resolution change in live streaming decode?(base on VCU_CTRL_SW)

Jump to solution

The VCU Should issue an error.  You can see there is an error code mentioned in the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC VCU Prouct Guide PG252, December 5, 2018 page 158 for a resolution change.  If you are not seeing this, then please put together an example stream that can be used to demostrate that the error code is not being properly issued and attached it to the thread and we can look into it.

Chris
Video Design Hub | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

The VCU Should issue an error.  You can see there is an error code mentioned in the Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC VCU Prouct Guide PG252, December 5, 2018 page 158 for a resolution change.  If you are not seeing this, then please put together an example stream that can be used to demostrate that the error code is not being properly issued and attached it to the thread and we can look into it.

Chris
Video Design Hub | Embedded SW Support

Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.

Jump to solution
Thanks for your help!
Image.png
As you said , I rebuild my Display_CB function like picture show, AL_Decoder_GetFrameError should return some error(expect AL_ERR_RESOLUTION_CHANGE ) when reso change.
But ,there no err occour when reso change.The following figure shows the experiment I did, I parsed the SPS header when I received the ES stream, and then I learned that the ES flow resolution changed, but AL_Decoder_GetFrameError did not give an error infomation,continue decoding.
Image1.png

Is there anything wrong or I miss some important settings?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've solved these problems, and now the decoder can automatically create or delete itself based on the SPS information in ES stream.

Now, no matter how the ES stream change from 4K to 1080P, or to 720P and so on, the decoder can work steadily.

thanks for your help!

:-)