cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

SDI Protection bits

Jump to solution

Hello, I am new to working with SDI. I am wondering what the protection bits mean.

Bit  (MSB)     9  8    7  6    5     4    3   2   1   0     (LSB ) 

1  F   V  H  P3  P2  P1  P0  0   0

200h             1  0    0  0  0     0     0    0   0   0

274h             1  0    0  1  1     1     0    1   0   0

2ACh            1  0    1  0  1     0     1    1   0   0

2DBh            1  0    1  1  0     1     1    0   0   0

31Ch            1  1    0  0  0     1     1    1   0   0

368h            1  1    0  1  1     0     1     0   0   0

380h            1  1    1  0  1     1     0     0   0   0

3C4h           1  1    1  1  0      0     0    1   0   0

Are each of these a specific code within the data stream. I am working with HD/3G SDI. Thanks in advance

Adam Gropp

3C4h 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SDI Protection bits

Jump to solution

HI @acgropp1

In SDI compatible data streams, the SAV and EAV  are a sequence of four words, unique in the data stream, marking the end/start of the horizontal blanking interval and the start/end of the active video portion of the line.

The fourth word of each EAV and SAV is called the XYZ word. This word carries the horizontal (H), vertical (V), and field (F) bits that indicate the video timing. This XYZ word also contains these protection bits that allow detection of errors in the XYZ word.

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

HI @acgropp1

In SDI compatible data streams, the SAV and EAV  are a sequence of four words, unique in the data stream, marking the end/start of the horizontal blanking interval and the start/end of the active video portion of the line.

The fourth word of each EAV and SAV is called the XYZ word. This word carries the horizontal (H), vertical (V), and field (F) bits that indicate the video timing. This XYZ word also contains these protection bits that allow detection of errors in the XYZ word.

Thanks
Bharath
--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------
Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided addresses your query/concern.
--------------------------------------------------​-------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thank you for this. A few days after I posted this, I found an article which describe the specific meaning of each of the XYZ word. I have attached the article for anyone interested it. The XYZ word is described on page 28.

Adam Gropp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

HI @acgropp1

Good to know that. Thanks for attaching the document here

Thanks
Bharath
0 Kudos