UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer imdads
Observer

SDI Tx doesn't seem to send CRCs or VPID

Hello,

I have a Vivado 2018.3 project that contains the SDI Tx Subsystem, controlled by PetaLinux 2018.3 on the KCU116 board.

I can happily see 1080p@60Hz (3GA) SDI output on my SDI scope (Tektronix Prism), but the scope informs me that the CRC values are incorrect (or missing?) and the VPID value is missing.

How can I resolve this? While this specific 1080p mode is detected by the scope, other modes (particularly the 3GB modes) cannot be detected correctly without the VPID.

Kind regards,
Imdad

5 Replies

Re: SDI Tx doesn't seem to send CRCs or VPID

Hi @imdads 

What command are you using to start the SDI TX?

What do you get if you are using the modetest command?

modetest –M xlnx -s <connector_id>[@<crtc_id>]:<mode>[-<vrefresh>][@<format> - w <connector_id>:<property_name>:<property_value>

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Observer imdads
Observer

Dear @florentw ,

Thanks a lot for your response, and apologies for the delay. 

My set up is slightly different: I've taken the Xilinx SDI driver (https://github.com/Xilinx/linux-xlnx/blob/xilinx-v2018.3/drivers/gpu/drm/xilinx/xilinx_drm_sdi.c) and slightly modified it to suit my design. To start the SDI TX, I simply insmod the driver.

In order to change the mode, I use the xilinx_sdi_mode_set () function in the driver with one of the modes listed in xlnx_sdi_modes[].

As far as I can tell, the driver is going through the process of setting the VPID with xilinx_sdi_set_payload_line () and xilinx_sdi_set_payload_data (), and setting a bit to send the CRCs.

Is there something else that perhaps needs changing in the driver itself?

Kind regards,
Imdad

0 Kudos

HI @imdads 

I do not know. If you start modifying the driver, then you only can know what you have done and what you need to make it work

Note that this is not supported by Xilinx

I suggest you start back with the released driver and you check if it works with modetest.

Regards

Florent
0 Kudos
Observer imdads
Observer

Hi @florentw ,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll follow your suggestion on the other topic and try the baremetal driver.

Kind regards,
Imdad

0 Kudos

Hi @imdads 

Could you find the solution to your problem? 

If you did, could you share it with the community? 

Regards, 

Aoife 

Aoife
0 Kudos