UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer abdelkader
Observer

SMPTE Ancillary data insertion

Jump to solution

Hi,

My question is about ANCILLARY data insertion in SMPTE HD/SD-3G-SDI SMPTE IP for an implementation in ARTIX-7 AC701 evaluation board.

I am working on implementing the SMPTE ip to recieve in HD and transmit an SD-SDI (SMPTE 259, 525 lignes 59.94Hz) frames through a GPT (RX/TX) interface. I want that the SD-SDI frames contains a specific ANCILLARY DATA.

My questions concerns the Ancillary data insertion in the SD-SDI (TX) of the SMPTE IP.

1- Are the TX part or the SMPTE capeble to make ancillary data insertion in the video frames that cames from the RX part?

2- In case that i have an ancillary data insertion vhdl based designed block,  and if i insert ancillary data in the video that cames from RX side, using my custom insertion IP, are the video with the ANC inserted, will be transmit without modification from the SMPTE TX or this last will execute a cleaning or blanking of the data outside of the active video region of the frames?

3- If the SMPTE TX donc make ancillary data insertion and we have to manually inserted before transmit the video, is it possible to make ANC data insertion through ST352 packets insertion ports?

4- If it's possible that SMPTE TX insert ANC data, what are the dedicated ports where i have to send ANC date to be inserted?

Thanking you in advance for your valuable help, i will be in your disposition for additional information.

Respectfully.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SMPTE Ancillary data insertion

Jump to solution

Hi @abdelkader,

All the answers are in the pg071, you might want to read it completely. As per the video board guidelines:

2.Before you post a question:

Example with your first question:

1- Are the TX part or the SMPTE capeble to make ancillary data insertion in the video frames that cames from the RX part?

The answer is in p7:

SDI.PNG

Best Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: SMPTE Ancillary data insertion

Jump to solution

Hi @abdelkader,

All the answers are in the pg071, you might want to read it completely. As per the video board guidelines:

2.Before you post a question:

Example with your first question:

The answer is in p7:

SDI.PNG

Best Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos