UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant rogerwilson
Participant

SMPTE SD/HD/3G-SDI

Hi All,

Firstly I'd like to echo the complaints about this IP which were expressed in a comment of over a year ago (see link).

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/DSP-and-Video/SMPTE-SD-HD-3G-SDI-Tx-only/m-p/658165#M14910

For something that's supposed to make life easier and allow product to market sooner, this IP needs to be re-visited and modified. It's in effect useless when first put into a design and can only be made to operate by means of a lot of hacking. I'm referring to the XAPP592 code (as in my case I'm using a Kintex device) which seems required to get even the most basic functionality to operate.

As to my more technical question: My application only requires support for the 1.48 and 2.97Gbps bit rates i.e. not the /1.001 rates or SD-SDI. Therefore, would some learned person be kind enough to tell me what simplifications can be made to the XAPP592 support code please? Only a single 148.5MHz reference is required, presumably via the QPLL and therefore no clock switching but what about the rest of the code please? I know I'll have to delve into the code at some point but as a VHDL user (and the XAPP 592 code's in Verilog), some pointers before I start would be useful.

Thanks,

Rog.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos