UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer ajellisuk
Observer

SP605 BRD missing PicoBlaze source code: For video capture application

Jump to solution

Hello

I have recently obtained an SP605 reference board which I intend to use for a video capture application.

I have downloaded the source for the demo from here. What I'm not sure of is how the CH7301 is initialiazed and driven. I have found the file CH7301_out.v which I can see is used to form the hardware interface to the dvi driver, but I cannot find where the images are actually genreated for the test patterns. Is this done in the picoblaze firmware? If so where can I find the source for the picoblaze firmware? What file names should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: SP605 BRD missing PicoBlaze source code: For video capture application

Jump to solution

Hi @ajellisuk,

All the picoblaze code is given in CTRL.psm so you should have everything you need.

Note sure how it was done in the design. You need to do some investigation

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
6 Replies

Jump to solution

HI @ajellisuk,

I am not familiar with this design as it is quite old. However my guess it that the images are not generated by the picoblaze but sent though ethernet directly into memory and then read from the memory directly by the processing IP.

This is why you won't find any code for the picoblaze

Florent
0 Kudos
Observer ajellisuk
Observer

Jump to solution
Hi @florentw

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm a little confused by the reference to the ethernet connection as I have not connected the SP605 to ethernet. In the kit is a CF card which if I insert into the slot on the SP605 will generate a display, so there's no ethernet involvment.

Looking at the source I do have for the demo project, there is plenty of verilog code which is used to implement the hardware and interfaces in the FPGA but no source code for the picoblaze.

Do you have any idea where I would find the code which initialises the CH7301 please?

Andrew
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @ajellisuk,

All the picoblaze code is given in CTRL.psm so you should have everything you need.

Note sure how it was done in the design. You need to do some investigation

Florent

Jump to solution

HI @ajellisuk,

Do you have any updates on this?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" buton below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos
Observer ajellisuk
Observer

Jump to solution
Hi Florent,

Thank you for the information, it has given me something to work with

Andrew
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

There are two video demos in the SP605:

1) For old ISE 12.x, the design consist of a re-loadable FIR coefficients designed in Sysgen, and converted as a PCore for a Microblaze system with shared memories to change the FIR mask over Ethernet. It uses Xilkernel, lwip and some html code to do the interface. The Microblaze subsystem has another PCores developed in Verilog for the DVI controller and generate VGA timing.

2) New ISE 13.x-14.x: Mainly the same but with VisalBasic interface instead of ethernet. Here you can change the coefficients of a filter but it does not show anything to the display AFAIK.

For the 1st, you're stuck as the design is pretty old and the Sysgen project will not generate the products because you miss Matlab variables not initialized and not found anywhere.

/* Don't forget to give kudos and/or accept as a solution */