UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant bivin
Participant

SP701 MIPI CSI Interface

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm having few queries regarding MIPI interface with FPGA.

1) In SP701 evaluation board, CSI and DSI interface is connected to two different banks. CSI being connected to 2.5V bank using a resistor network and DSI is connected to 1.8V bank. But in xapp894 it is given as below for CSI.

save.png

Here how HSUL_12_S_HR is compatible with 2.5V bank , please clarify.

2) If i'm implementing below circuitry for DSI (in Artix 7), can i connect MC2002 IOs to 1.8V bank ?

sa.png

3) If i'm implementing below circuitry for CSI (in Artix 7), can i connect MC2001 IOs to 1.8V bank ? Is 2.5V bank voltage mandatory for CSI interface ?

sa1.png

Please reply.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: SP701 MIPI CSI Interface

Jump to solution

Hello @bivin 

>3) Please confirm with Meticom ICs (MC20901,MC20902) i have to use always 2.5V banks in Artix 7 .

You can go to Meticom URL and download their datasheet. You need to use 2.5V. (Requirement from Meticom)
http://www.meticom.com/resources/Datasheets/MC20002-V1_08.pdf
http://www.meticom.com/resources/Datasheets/MC20001-V1_09.pdf

>2) Is there any validation tool/checklist for the same ?

You can use Vivado to check whether your pin assignment is correct or not.
Please create a test design, plan your pin-assignment, and implement your test design.
Vivado will check whether your pin-assignment is good to go.

>1) Is there any specific IO to which i need to connect HS_P/N as well as LP_P/N ?

Could you please check PG202 Appendix C and UG471.
EC_7series_pin_rules.png

Thanks & regards
Leo

3 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @bivin 

2) If i'm implementing below circuitry for DSI (in Artix 7), can i connect MC2002 IOs to 1.8V bank ?

No.

3) If i'm implementing below circuitry for CSI (in Artix 7), can i connect MC2001 IOs to 1.8V bank ? Is 2.5V bank voltage mandatory for CSI interface ?

No, it is not a mandatory but I believe MC2001/MC2002 only support 2.5V.
-- The requirement/limitation is on Meticom devices.

1) In SP701 evaluation board, CSI and DSI interface is connected to two different banks.
CSI being connected to 2.5V bank using a resistor network and DSI is connected to 1.8V bank. But in xapp894 it is given as below for CSI.

It should be possible I think. (See table below). Could you please check UG471 ?

Thanks & regards
Leo

XF_UG471_clarification.png
Participant bivin
Participant

Jump to solution

Hi @karnanl 

Thanks for the reply. I'm having few queries.

1) Is there any specific IO to which i need to connect HS_P/N as well as LP_P/N ?

2) Is there any validation tool/checklist for the same ?

3) Please confirm with Meticom ICs (MC20901,MC20902) i have to use always 2.5V banks in Artix 7 .

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @bivin 

>3) Please confirm with Meticom ICs (MC20901,MC20902) i have to use always 2.5V banks in Artix 7 .

You can go to Meticom URL and download their datasheet. You need to use 2.5V. (Requirement from Meticom)
http://www.meticom.com/resources/Datasheets/MC20002-V1_08.pdf
http://www.meticom.com/resources/Datasheets/MC20001-V1_09.pdf

>2) Is there any validation tool/checklist for the same ?

You can use Vivado to check whether your pin assignment is correct or not.
Please create a test design, plan your pin-assignment, and implement your test design.
Vivado will check whether your pin-assignment is good to go.

>1) Is there any specific IO to which i need to connect HS_P/N as well as LP_P/N ?

Could you please check PG202 Appendix C and UG471.
EC_7series_pin_rules.png

Thanks & regards
Leo