UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

SysGen don't detect the board !

Hello

I'm trying to perform a simple HW co-sim example under Simulink/System Generator (two sinusoids multiplication by a Xilinx multiplier block),

But it appears that SysGen don't detect the board. In fact, after a successful "jtag HW co-sim" block generation, and when I launches the HW co-simulation, I got the following error:

Error creation session.
Error occurred during "Simulation Initialization"

System configuration:

- Windows 7 (64 bits)
- Matlab R2011b
- ISE 14.1

Note that I already installed the Jtag programming cable driver and the board is well detected under ISE-iMpact tool

Regards,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Re: SysGen don't detect the board !

Hi,

you kindly listed all the Infos about the tool versions, but it would be quite important to know which board exactly you are using.

Sysgen only supports a narrow range of boards for HW-Cosimulation.

Kind regards

Eilert

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for replying,

The used board is V5LX110T

Regards

0 Kudos
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Hi,

that's no boards name that's an FPGA device name.

But I guess you are using the XUPV5-LX110T Board which features the mentioned device. (And has been mentioned by you in an earlyer thred)

A short look at the Sytem Generator blocks "Compilation" Tab shows under Compilation: Hardware Co-Simulation that this board is not listed there.

However you may create a "New Compilation Target" and make all necessary settings for the XUPV5-LX110T  Board there.

But there's always a chance that some value has a wrong setting which then causes the Co-Simulation to fail.

Have you already created such a "New Compilation Target" for your board?

Since the XUPV5-LX110T is quite common, maybe others have done so successfully and can provide you with the required settings file.

Have a nice simulation

Eilert

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

@eilert wrote:

Hi,

that's no boards name that's an FPGA device name.

But I guess you are using the XUPV5-LX110T Board which features the mentioned device. (And has been mentioned by you in an earlyer thred)

A short look at the Sytem Generator blocks "Compilation" Tab shows under Compilation: Hardware Co-Simulation that this board is not listed there.

However you may create a "New Compilation Target" and make all necessary settings for the XUPV5-LX110T  Board there.

But there's always a chance that some value has a wrong setting which then causes the Co-Simulation to fail.

Have you already created such a "New Compilation Target" for your board?

Since the XUPV5-LX110T is quite common, maybe others have done so successfully and can provide you with the required settings file.

Have a nice simulation

Eilert

Hello,

Thanks for replying,

Yes, it's the used board.

But when trying to add it as a new compilation target, and then clicking on "Detect" button to complete the "IR Lengths" field I get an error like "Device not detected". So SysGen is not enable to detect the board even when trying to add it as a new compilation target.

Regards

0 Kudos
Advisor eilert
Advisor

Hi Sofiene,

in the Help to that New Compilation Target wizard you can read (for ISE 13.4):

JTAG Options: System Generator needs to know several things about the FPGA board's JTAG chain to be able to program the FPGA for hardware co-simulation. The topic Obtaining Platform Information describes how and where to find the information required for these fields. If you are unsure of the specifications of your board, please refer to the manufacturer's documentation. The fields specific to JTAG Options are described below:
Boundary Scan Position: Specifies the position of the target FPGA on the JTAG chain. This value should be indexed from 1. (e.g. the first device in the chain has an index of 1, the second device has an index of 2, etc.)
IR Lengths: Specifies the lengths of the instruction registers for all of the devices on the JTAG chain. This list may be delimited by spaces, commas, or semicolons.
Detect: This action attempts to identify the IR Lengths automatically by querying the FPGA board. The board must be powered and connected to a Parallel Cable IV for this to function properly. Any unknown devices on the JTAG chain will be represented with a "?" in the list, and must be specified manually.

As you can see, only the Parallel Cable IV is mentioned. Are you using that one?

Have you set the Boundary Scan Position Correctly?

If the autodetection doesn't work, do a JTAG Scan with Impact and try to determine the IR Length value there and put this value in the dialogs text box by yourself.

If you do this correctly it should work, the Detect button is just a convenience.

Good luck!

Have a nice simulation

Eilert

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

"IR Lengths" field is well manually specified, and iMpact tool detect and scan well all the JTAG chain,

All these proposals are previously tried, the HW co-sim error is the same,

And I think that the error will be the same when SysGen is not able to automatically detect the "IR Lengths" while the board is well connected,

__

Regards,

0 Kudos