UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Type mismatch between connected pins in HDMI RX and TX IPs

Jump to solution

Hi,

In my design I am using the HDMI 1.4/2.0 Transmitter and Receiver IPs from Xilinx.

When I open the block design I get these 2 messages:

WARNING: [BD 41-1731] Type mismatch between connected pins: /v_hdmi_rx/m_axis_video_aresetn_out(undef) and /v_vid_in_axi4s/aresetn(rst)
WARNING: [BD 41-1731] Type mismatch between connected pins: /v_hdmi_tx/s_axis_video_aresetn_out(undef) and /v_axi4s_vid_out/aresetn(rst)

I get the same messages when I open the 2 example projects: v_hdmi_rx_ss_0_ex and v_hdmi_tx_ss_0_ex.

Is this OK?

Regards,

jmcm

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Type mismatch between connected pins in HDMI RX and TX IPs

Jump to solution

HI @jmcm,

Is everything clear for you on this? As per @bpatil's reply, this warning can be ignored. We will try to have it fixed for a future version.

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please mark the response which helped as solution (click on the button "Accept as solution" below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Best Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jmcm

I have checked v_hdmi_tx_ss_0_ex example design for ZCU102 board with Vivado 2018.2. I do not see any error/warning as you mentioned below:

WARNING: [BD 41-1731] Type mismatch between connected pins: /v_hdmi_rx/m_axis_video_aresetn_out(undef) and /v_vid_in_axi4s/aresetn(rst)
WARNING: [BD 41-1731] Type mismatch between connected pins: /v_hdmi_tx/s_axis_video_aresetn_out(undef) and /v_axi4s_vid_out/aresetn(rst)

Provide details of Vivado version and Board details (which you are targeting for running example design).

Regards,

Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi Bhushan,

Board: ZCU104

Vivado: v2018.2.1 (64-bit)

Regards,

Jmcm

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jmcm

I tried to reproduce this issue at my end for running v_hdmi_tx_ss_0_ex on Vivado 2018.2.1 with ZCU104 board.

But I do not see any warning related to type mismatch as you mentioned. 

My implemented design schematic design as follows:

HDMI_EX_Vivado2018_2_1_ZCU104.jpg

Are you trying make any changes in default example design? If not, then it should get implemented without any problems.

Try to rerun HDMI example design in directory having no space in directory path.

For example: C:\XilinxProjects\HDMI_EX\

Regards,

Bhushan

Regards,
Bhushan

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jmcm

Share XCI file of your application for further debugging.

Regards,

Bhushan

Regards,
Bhushan

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @jmcm

I checked xci provided by you. But I do not see any error at my end.

HDMI RX Results as follows:

HDMI_RX_JMCM.png

HDMI TX Results as follows:

HDMI_TX_JMCM.png

Please try to reduce project path length; as at starting I too got got few errors related to synthesis (some module were not able to synthesis) reduction in project path length of project caused successful implementation of both modules.

EDIT1: I have reproduced error by closing and reopening block diagram in example design. But it went away after I right clicked on block diagram and clicked validate design. 

Regards,

Bhushan

Regards,
Bhushan

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @jmcm,

Is everything clear for you on this? As per @bpatil's reply, this warning can be ignored. We will try to have it fixed for a future version.

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please mark the response which helped as solution (click on the button "Accept as solution" below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Best Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos