UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer daniel.sa
Observer

UHD- SDI Locking issue

Hi,

I have used the UHD-SDI example design for KCU105(xapp 1248) in my project to display the output video.

I was able to take 1080p 8 bit input from my design and send it out through SDI.

When I try to take 10bit input from my design and send it, the SDI signal output is not getting locked properly.

The timing parameters have been kept constant for the 8 bit and 10 bit build. What can cause such an issue?

Regards,

Daniel

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: UHD- SDI Locking issue

Hello @daniel.sa

1. What is your Vivado version ?

2. Are you using the latest XAPP1248 ? (which is ver1.4) ?
    https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/application_notes/xapp1248-smpte-sdi-ultrascale-gth-transceivers.pdf

3. Please share VIO signal status.

Thanks & regards

Leo

0 Kudos
Observer daniel.sa
Observer

1. Vivado Version is 2017.4.1.
2. I am using the latest version of XAPP1248
0 Kudos
Observer daniel.sa
Observer

tx vio has been set for 3g sdi mode.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

SDI supports different pixel format mappings, but the default SDI signals are 10-bit 4:2:2 YUV format.  So when you say you are using 8-bit format, it would be good to get more details about the chorma sampling and color formats as well.

In addition XAPP1248 is based on the SMPTE UHD-SDI IP documented in PG205, which uses the "native" SDI interface, which is a 10-bit interface, so in order to send in 8-bit data you need to do some mapping to the interface.  It would useful to see how you are mapping your 8-bit data to the SDI TX input.

Based on your description it sounds like you are modifying the XAPP1248 design and running your own design on the KCU105 with the TB-FMCH -12GSDI daughter card.  Which means you should be able to test the default XAPP1248 bit stream and see if works with your source.  You can then compare the default design to your own to see what is different.

If you are just trying to generate the UHD-SDI Native video you may want to look at the included TX Video Pattern Generator included in the XAPP1248 Example Design, as it shows how to drive a simple test pattern for the different video formats.

Chris
Video Design Hub | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI @daniel.sa,

Do you have any updates on this?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos