UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Explorer
Explorer

VCU bandwidth vs number of streams

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm using the VCU to encode a live camera stream and gstreamer to create the pipeline. All works well with one camera and with the VCU configured (vivado) to support one stream 4k/60fps.

Now I need to add the capability to connect up to 4 cameras streams but the number of connected cameras can be variable. I understand that if I setup in vivado the VCU to have 4 max. encode streams,  each one for instance @124 MBytes/sec, I'm splitting the total bandwidth (496MBytes/sec) in four, so when the four cameras are connected, the encoder will limit the camera stream frame rate individually.

But what would happen with the bandwidth if I'm connecting only one camera? still limited to 124 MBytes/sec or would it be able to use (assuming the camera is capable) the whole bandwidth (4x124 MBytes/sec) ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: VCU bandwidth vs number of streams

Jump to solution

HI @joseer 

You will be able to use the full bandwidth if only one camera is connected. From a VCU perspective, just use the worst case (in terms of BW) in the VCU GUI then it can do evry configuration as long it is in the max BW

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: VCU bandwidth vs number of streams

Jump to solution

HI @joseer 

You will be able to use the full bandwidth if only one camera is connected. From a VCU perspective, just use the worst case (in terms of BW) in the VCU GUI then it can do evry configuration as long it is in the max BW

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**

View solution in original post

0 Kudos