UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Contributor

VCU not working in xilinx ubuntu (2018.3)

Jump to solution

Hi, 

I'm trying to work with the VCU. I used the official BSP for zcu104 and with my own block diagram.

When I use the rootfs.tar.gz generated by petalinux, I can decode h264 file with omx_decoder, seems vcu works.

But when I'm trying to get the xilinx VCU to work on the xilinx ubuntu rootfs provided here , It fails.

With the vcu_resetn connected to an emio-gpio, the bd like this: 

vcu.png

In petalinux, I set the "Device Driers->......->Xilinx VCU logicoreIP" Init to 'M' with petalinux-config -c kernel.

With lsmod I see that these related drivers: al5e,al5d,allegro,xlnx_vcu,xlnx_vcu_core,xlnx_vcu_clk  are loaded into the kernel.

On ubuntu I see non of these drivers are loaded. ( but the xilinx ubuntu have these modules inside )

The dmesg shows something like this

[    1.429806] xilinx-vcu-core a0140000.vcu: failed to get reset gpio for vcu.
[ 1.432454] VCU PLL: enable [ 1.432866] xilinx-vcu xilinx-vcu: xvcu_probe: Probed successfully

Seems the xilinx-vcu-core is not loaded correctly, which might caused the vcu not working.

I see that in the xilinx-ubuntu rootfs , these driver .ko files are already inside somewhere in  /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/

I don't know if this causes conflict or the linux are just using the .ko in here.

Anyway I replaced the 6 .ko files (al5e,al5d,allegro,xlnx_vcu,xlnx_vcu_core,xlnx_vcu_clk)with the one I built with petalinux, then the ubuntu stopped booting.

Any one can tell me the correct way to do this ?

Thanks !

Regards,
Kang
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: VCU not working in xilinx ubuntu (2018.3)

Jump to solution

Hi @hu_kang ,

You might want to check all the differences between the configurations of the project from the BSP and you project. Something might be missing.

Also you might want to send the full linux log which might give more details.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @hu_kang ,

You might want to check all the differences between the configurations of the project from the BSP and you project. Something might be missing.

Also you might want to send the full linux log which might give more details.

Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Jump to solution
With the demo hdf, I got it running. Seems something went wrong for my bd design. Thanks!
Regards,
Kang
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @hu_kang ,

As this is now solved for you, can you kindly mark your last reply as accepted solution to close the topic?

Thanks,

Florent
0 Kudos