UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Observer rutabagazuma
Observer

VCU reference clock requirement

Jump to solution

I have taken the VCU TRD for the ZCU106 board and retargetted it to an xczu6 device.   As part of this port I have also removed the VCU as it is not supported in the xczu6 device.   I have also updated all the IP in the TRD.  Following the updates, the compile of the remaining circuit fails with this error:

[BD 41-758] The following clock pins are not connected to a valid clock source:

/hdmi_output/video_clk

It is true that there is no driver for this clock in the design.   What is strange is that there was no clock driving this pin in the unmodified reference either.

Is this clock required in this circuit? What is the right clock to attach to this pin in this reference circuit?   Is there a way safe way to work around this issue?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer rutabagazuma
Observer

Re: VCU reference clock requirement

Jump to solution

This problem was never resolved but was worked around.   The problem arose when I tried to change the target device after the scripts were run and the block diagram created.   If I modified the scripts to call out the target device then this problem did not arise.  So this problem is closed with a work around.   I dont understand why I had the issue that I did, but it is no longer gating progress on this project.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Observer rutabagazuma
Observer

Jump to solution

now with visuals.

hdmi_zcu106.JPG
hdmi_xczu6.JPG
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @rutabagazuma ,

Yes we can see in one design that the clock is not connected on HDMI TX SS IP. You might want to reconnect it manually

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
Tags (2)
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @rutabagazuma ,

Do you have any update on this topic? Is it working for you now?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Observer rutabagazuma
Observer

Jump to solution

This problem was never resolved but was worked around.   The problem arose when I tried to change the target device after the scripts were run and the block diagram created.   If I modified the scripts to call out the target device then this problem did not arise.  So this problem is closed with a work around.   I dont understand why I had the issue that I did, but it is no longer gating progress on this project.

0 Kudos