UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDMA in HDMI Xilinx design on board ZCU106

hi all

I a have a problem to add the VDMA block in the HDMI passthrough design.

I open the Xilinx example design.

I added VDMA between the test pattern generator to the TX HDMI 1.4/2.0 transmitter subsystem and I don't see any picture on the screen.

I checked the VDMA Input and output and also the Signals to the DDR and everything is working.

can someone help ??

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: VDMA in HDMI Xilinx design on board ZCU106

Hi assaf.regev@realityplus.io,

I checked the VDMA Input and output and also the Signals to the DDR and everything is working.

• Can you help the community out and explain what you mean by working? Do you see data transferring in and out of DDR?

I added VDMA between the test pattern generator to the TX HDMI 1.4/2.0 transmitter subsystem and I don't see any picture on the screen.

There are several things that could happen after inserting the VDMA. What have you done to debug the issue?

• Is the HDMI locking to data? (locked)
  • If the HDMI is not locking to data, is there data present on the interface to the HDMI?
  • Does the VDMA list that it is transferring data?
  • How are you controlling the VDMA? Drivers or HDL?

Please include any logs or waveforms.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
0 Kudos