UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adventurer
Adventurer

VDMA's SDK code

Hi,

I tried the project below (see the attached design), i succeded it withut the vdma, but when i added the VDMA i didn't know what to write on the SDK code to program this VDMA.

Please anyone give me the SDK code for the VDMA.1.PNG

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: VDMA's SDK code

You can find a lot reference design on xilinx.com, which contains SDK codes : xapp742, xapp1218, xapp1205,xapp794,xapp890,xapp1167,xapp1250,xapp1218

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi @xud,

Which project is working on Vivado 2015.4 please ?, because I'm using this version

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

xapp1285 is working on v2015.4, it contains VDMA as well
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

ok Thanks

0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hi @mkooli,

If you have all the information you need, please close the thread by marking one of the responses as good answer.

Thanks,

Xu

0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Hi,

Sorry, I still have the same problem, no VDMA configuration found for my design, still searching...

0 Kudos

@mkooli did you find a proper guide or tutorial to configure VDMA using SDK (C code)? I am facing the same problem!

0 Kudos

Hi @mkooli,

xapp1285 contains the HW + SW design. What more do you need?

Regards,

Florent

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

As a beginner I faced the same problem in getting the VDMA to work. So I would like to share my experience of a workaround to get something started, hoping this might help other beginners as well. What I did was getting the VDMA to work as a triple buffering VDMA. A well guided C code was located in the VDMA example in SDK [Xilinx\SDK\{version}\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\axivdma_v6_1\examples]. vdma.c contains all the information, but still as an absolute beginner still I found this a bit too much of information. So what I did was without thinking how this code actually works I just tried to get the VDMA based on this code. The easiest way was to make the other c file vdma_api.c a header file (saved the c file as vdma_api.h). Then I included it in my c code and just called the run_triple_frame_buffer() method. I know this is not much but it is enough to get VDMA running at least.

Hope this might help other beginners as well. :-)

#include <stdio.h>
#include "platform.h"
#include "xil_printf.h"
#include "xparameters.h"
#include "xaxivdma.h"
#include "vdma_api.h"
#include "xil_types.h"
#include "xil_io.h"

XAxiVdma 								AxiVdma;

int main()
{
    init_platform();

int status;

//Checking and configuring VDMA
	status = run_triple_frame_buffer(&AxiVdma, 0, 1920, 1080, XPAR_PS7_DDR_0_S_AXI_BASEADDR + 0x1000000, 100,0);
	if (status != XST_SUCCESS) {
		xil_printf("VDMA Transfer of frames failed with error = %d\r\n",status);
		return XST_FAILURE;
	} else {
		xil_printf("VDMA Transfer of frames started \r\n");
	}

cleanup_platform();

while (1) {

}
    return 0;
}