UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPSS SDK and Timers

Jump to solution

Are Timers needed when using the VPSS SDK?  I am trying to use the VPSS and it works fine for a while but after 2-3 minutes the VPSS seems to crash hard. It can't be reset by the Microblaze and must be reset. I didn't create any callback timer routines. I am wondering if these callbacks are actually required.

Thoughts?

Phil

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: VPSS SDK and Timers

Jump to solution

Hi phil@pswitchers.com ,

No, I do not think you need any timer. I would recommend you to enable the journal log as done in the VPSS example application (SW example). This can give you information when an internal error is happening in the VPSS.

Also, you should be able to reset the VPSS from the microblaze. Just check the example design (HW example). There is a reset signals connected from the Microblaze to the VPSS.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi phil@pswitchers.com ,

No, I do not think you need any timer. I would recommend you to enable the journal log as done in the VPSS example application (SW example). This can give you information when an internal error is happening in the VPSS.

Also, you should be able to reset the VPSS from the microblaze. Just check the example design (HW example). There is a reset signals connected from the Microblaze to the VPSS.

Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Good information on the timers, Florentw.

I will try to reset the VPSS from the Microblaze. The only problem is that I don't know when the VPSS is locked up from a software standpoint.  I just observe it visually.

Thanks!

Phil

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi phil@pswitchers.com ,

Do you have any update on this? Were you able to make any progress?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos