UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Visitor burim
Visitor

Video Scaler with Artix-7

Hello Xilinx Community,

I have been working on a Camera Project and we are currently using the Vivado 2015.2 version.

The Project itself is working and in the testing phase. While testing we realized the image of the Camera has to be scaled to be seen correctly on the Monitor. For this task i wanted to use the Video & Image Processing - Video Scaler.

The FPGA we are using is the Artix-7 XC7a200t and the current Resolution is 1280x720 and has to be scaled down to 720x487.

I have added the Video Scaler IP Configuration  as an images.

Following problem occured: Xilinx Syntheses, Implementation and Bit generation was successful, but when we are trying to receive the Image on the FPGA Board, then the following Error occures and i am not sure what exactly is the issue with the Video Scaler:

DEBUG: streamServiceDewarpRenderThread : 381348

DEBUG: DEWARP Buf 0 Physical address 0x3c074000

DEBUG: DEWARP Buf 0 Virtual address 0x737e5000

DEBUG: DEWARP Buf 0 Size 0x16384

DEBUG: DEWARP Buf 1 Physical address 0x3c0a8000

DEBUG: DEWARP Buf 1 Virtual address 0x737e1000

DEBUG: DEWARP Buf 1 Size 0x16384

DEBUG: streamServiceImageConversionThread Started

DEBUG: Encode and RTP Streaming thread instance is created for Stream Handle : 381848

INFO: Encode Bit Rate : 6963

[INFO]  ringBufferEnable 0, chromaInterleave 1, mapType 0, linear2TiledEnable 0

INFO: Number of Source Frame Buffer count : 2

DEBUG: Encode Buf 0 Physical address 0x45548000

DEBUG: Encode Buf 0 Virtual address 0x7105c000

DEBUG: Encode Buf 1 Physical address 0x4569a000

DEBUG: Encode Buf 1 Virtual address 0x711ae000

DEBUG: Set sensor frame rate as : 15

INFO: streamServiceStateHandlerThread waiting for state change Signal

ERR: FPGA capture read operation failed

INFO: FPGA read Operation Failed continuously (It may be license expired..So Rebooting Camera)

Broadcast message from root@localhost (pts/0) (Fri Nov 11 11:13:10 2011):

I have checked the Inputs and Outputs and i am sure it is correct and Vivado also doesnt give me any errors. Without the Video Scaler the Project also works, so the issue has to be with the Scaler included. Does anyone know what the Issue could be or has anyone experienced something similar/like this?

regards,

Burim

Tags (1)
video_scaler_confi_1.PNG
video_scaler_confi_2.PNG
video_scaler_confi_3.PNG
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: Video Scaler with Artix-7

The information here I pretty high level, but I’ll try to summarize it to see if I’m understanding the issue.

1. You are running an Artix-7, with Linux, which probably means you have a MicroBlaze running Linux in the system or maybe Linux running on an external processor.
  2. You found that when you add a Video Scaler to do downsizing form 720p (1280x720) to 720x487 that you are running into some errors, which are pretty vague and don’t really give any details about what might be causing the failure.
  3. You are using the Video Scaler in a fixed scaling mode, so you do not have processor access to the Video Scaler.

2015.2 is actually a pretty old release and the Video Scaler IP has been replaced in newer versions by the Video Processing Subsystem.  You will want to start by reviewing all the known issues for the Video Scaler.

You should consider adding a processor interface if possible, as there are sometimes when the fixed interface may have problems, but you can get the core to work by setting up the registers through the AXI4-Lite interface.

If you can’t add an AXI4-Lite interface, you should consider at least adding the INTC interface on page 1 of the GUI, so that you can try too debug the data path.  You would also want to look at adding some AXI4-Stream input and output to the Video Scaler to try and see if you can see any pushback happening on the AXI4-Stream bus that might cause a hang on your system.

A block diagram of your data path would be helpful as well.  It seems like you might be capturing Camera Sensor data into memory to be read by the Linux OS.

Hopefully this will give you some ideas on where to begin debugging.

Chris
Video Design Hub | Embedded SW Support

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to Reply, Kudo, and Accept as Solution.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos