UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer gcsimmonsjr
Observer

Video TPG Example project fails to create itself

Jump to solution

When you pull up the Video TPG IP as in pg103-v-tpg.pdf (Ch 6,) by right clicking on the TPG in the sources (step 5,) the scripts that run (specifically v_tpg_0_exdes.tcl) fails when it tries to set_property used_in_simulation false [get_files ex_synth.bd]. The object ex_synth.bd does not exist, and the example creation halts in an unknown state.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Observer gcsimmonsjr
Observer

Re: Video TPG Example project fails to create itself

Jump to solution

I read some other articles with the subject "IF is not declared under prefix inst," and several mentioned re-installing the tools. So, I downloaded the entire 15.65GB installation, uninstalled and re-installed my Web-pack tools - et voila!

Now, I've been using this same set of tools since May. This DOES NOT instill confidence in your web-install (as opposed to downloading the entire image) process.

4 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @gcsimmonsjr,

This sounds like a windows path length error, please move your project to a shorter windows path. EX. C:/X/TPG/

For more information see AR-52787.

If this is not a path length issue:

• What OS are you using?
  • What version of the tools? 2018.1? 2018.2?
  • Can you attach the log or the output from the console showing the error?

-Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
0 Kudos
Observer gcsimmonsjr
Observer

Jump to solution

Yes, I tried taking all the spaces out of my Windows path c:\Xilinx\Tutorials\TPG_Example and re-creating the example in THAT directory. It still failed.

C:\Xilinx\Tutorial\TPG_Example\v_tpg_0_ex\v_tpg_0_ex.sim\sim_1\behav\xsim\elaborate.log

Vivado Simulator 2017.4
Copyright 1986-1999, 2001-2016 Xilinx, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Running: C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2017.4/bin/unwrapped/win64.o/xelab.exe -wto fb63d3397f3142e5bbed7afb1b0b31c9 --incr --debug typical --relax --mt 2 -L axi_infrastructure_v1_1_0 -L smartconnect_v1_0 -L axi_protocol_checker_v2_0_1 -L xil_defaultlib -L axi_vip_v1_1_1 -L lib_cdc_v1_0_2 -L proc_sys_reset_v5_0_12 -L axi_lite_ipif_v3_0_4 -L v_tc_v6_1_12 -L v_vid_in_axi4s_v4_0_7 -L v_axi4s_vid_out_v4_0_8 -L v_tpg_v7_0_9 -L generic_baseblocks_v2_1_0 -L axi_register_slice_v2_1_15 -L fifo_generator_v13_2_1 -L axi_data_fifo_v2_1_14 -L axi_crossbar_v2_1_16 -L xilinx_vip -L unisims_ver -L unimacro_ver -L secureip -L xpm --snapshot v_tpg_0_exdes_tb_behav xil_defaultlib.v_tpg_0_exdes_tb xil_defaultlib.glbl -log elaborate.log
Using 2 slave threads.
Starting static elaboration
ERROR: [VRFC 10-93] IF is not declared under prefix inst [c:/Xilinx/Tutorial/TPG_Example/v_tpg_0_ex/imports/v_tpg_0_exdes_tb.sv:66]
ERROR: [XSIM 43-3322] Static elaboration of top level Verilog design unit(s) in library work failed.

0 Kudos
Observer gcsimmonsjr
Observer

Jump to solution

Looks like it's v_tpg_0_exdes_tb.sv - line 66.

[VRFC 10-93] IF is not declared under prefix inst ["c:/Xilinx/Tutorial/TPG_Example/v_tpg_0_ex/imports/v_tpg_0_exdes_tb.sv":66]

v_tpg_0_exdes_tb.png

0 Kudos
Observer gcsimmonsjr
Observer

Jump to solution

I read some other articles with the subject "IF is not declared under prefix inst," and several mentioned re-installing the tools. So, I downloaded the entire 15.65GB installation, uninstalled and re-installed my Web-pack tools - et voila!

Now, I've been using this same set of tools since May. This DOES NOT instill confidence in your web-install (as opposed to downloading the entire image) process.