UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

Video Test Pattern Generator blocked in Vivado 2017.4

Jump to solution

Hi

I'm trying to use the IP Video Test Pattern Generator in Vivado 2017.4, but when I try to validate a design with it I get the following error:

Capturar.PNG

How can I fix it? Looks like there is something to do with the licenses, but I found a lot of tutorials using this IP, although in Vivado 2018, and didn't expected I needed some license to use it.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Video Test Pattern Generator blocked in Vivado 2017.4

Jump to solution

Hello @tiago0297,

The reason why you are seeing this issue is because you have generate your license for the DISK_SERIAL_NUM=a6bf4afb

Whereas the actual DISK_SERIAL_NUM on this particular machine is 5e45a2ca (i.e. C: Drive Serial Number    | DISK_SERIAL_NUM=5e45a2ca)

image.png

Therefore, please regenerate all your node-locked licenses targeting either one of 4 of your Network Interface Card IDs or a valid  DISK_SERIAL_NUM=5e45a2ca.

This will solve your issue then.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
10 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi @tiago0297,

The first step is to do as the message states.

"Please run report_ip_status for more details and recommendations" And then post your results.

Report IP Status is found under the Reports tab, or you can use the tcl console.

-Sam

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub

Jump to solution

Hi @tiago0297,

When I write a tutorial for the Video Test pattern Generator as my Video Series 4 for example, I always include the following note:

Note: A valid license for the Test Pattern Generator is required to build the design.

Yes a license is required for the TPG IP for any vivado version prior to 2018.3. However, it is a free license. You can generate it from your account.

If you had done a search on the forums, you would have found the following topic posted few weeks ago:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Video/TPG-license-not-found/td-p/923260

It contains the steps to generate the TPG license.

Then once it is generate, you can follow the steps mentioned by @samk.

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for the answer

I got the license for the Test Pattern Generator. Also, I already loaded it in my Vivado. Here is my Manage License > View License Status screen:license.PNG

Unfortunatelly, the error persisted. When I run report_ip_status, this is the result

status.PNG 

Did I do something wrong? To add the lincese, I followed what @florentw said, got the file sent in my email, gone to Help > Manage License > Load License > Copy License and added the file. Then I restarted Vivado.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @tiago0297,

Can you try to create a new project with a TPG and see if you still cannot use the TPG? Also, can you right click on the IP and click show license status (and send a screenshot of what you are getting)?

Florent
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@florentw

I created another project, but still didn't worked. Tried to right click the IP and search for show license status, but I didn't found that option. I'm using Vivado 2017.4. But I've found some information about the license in Block Propertiens > IP:included.PNG

Also, I just realized another strange mistake. When I just the IP Block of the TPG, I get the following errors, and some others similar, for the other ports:error.PNG

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @tiago0297,

Could you run the command report_environment -file ./report.txt and share the output file?

For the issue you are seeing, I have seen similar issues on windows, make sure you are using a short path. Note that this can also happen because the license is not found.

To find the license status, you need to right click on the IP in the IP catalog list

Florent
0 Kudos
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

@florentw

Sure, i'm sending the file.

Thanks, I've found the license status:

lincese.PNG

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @tiago0297,

This is weird... The tools seems to say that you do not have the license but also that you have it... (@anatoli did you already see this?)

Can you try to place the license in another folder (ex: C:\Licenses) and set the XILINXD_LICENSE_FILE field of Vivado License Manager (in manage license search paths page)?

Florent

Jump to solution

Hello @tiago0297,

The reason why you are seeing this issue is because you have generate your license for the DISK_SERIAL_NUM=a6bf4afb

Whereas the actual DISK_SERIAL_NUM on this particular machine is 5e45a2ca (i.e. C: Drive Serial Number    | DISK_SERIAL_NUM=5e45a2ca)

image.png

Therefore, please regenerate all your node-locked licenses targeting either one of 4 of your Network Interface Card IDs or a valid  DISK_SERIAL_NUM=5e45a2ca.

This will solve your issue then.

Kind Regards,
Anatoli Curran,
Xilinx Technical Support
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

It worked! Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

0 Kudos