UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Video processing based on zynq

嗨!

I want to test my entire video system to handle the frame rate. I used the image data collected by the PL side, then buffered into the DDR through VDMA0, and transferred the buffered image to the image processing IP via VDMA0. The processed image is then buffered into the DDR via VDMA1 and finally displayed via HDMI. If you add a time function to the SDK software, how should you add it? What is the specific solution?

Thanks!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Re: Video processing based on zynq

In a real-time video system like the one that you are describing, your best bet is to have one of the IP in your system generate an interrupt everytime it completes a frame.  The processor can then keep track of the amount of time that elapses between interrupts.

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com

hi!

I understand your idea. Can I add the IP of the time node to the hardware project of vivado, and then calculate the difference between the two time nodes in the C program in the SDK? If this method is feasible, what should I do specifically?

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
Voyager
Voyager

@zhang842709698,

You could use one of the VDMA's to generate the interrupt.  The VDMA driver provides example code for SDK that illustrates using the VDMA with interrupts.  Look for "xaxivdma_example_intr.c" at:

<xilinx_install_path>\SDK\XXXX.X\data\embeddedsw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\drivers\axivdma_v6_1\examples

Replace the XXXX.X with the version of Vivado that you are using.

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos

ok!I understand your idea!

thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi @zhang842709698,

Is everything clear for you on this topic?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply to the thread giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub
0 Kudos