UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor sudhanayaks
Visitor

Video timings for different video standards

Hi,

I am working on a HDMI video project by using z-turn board (with zynq-7010) with 2560x2160 resolution at 15fps. I am using Vivado 2017.4 tool to implement the design. Since Video timing controller IP requires video timing information, I searched online for video timing calculators which are generating timings for VESA video standard.

By using different video timings generators, I understood that video timings are different for VESA ans SMPTE standards. 

I wanted to understand whether can we use VESA standards in Xilinx IPs?

Will HDMI Transmitter(SIL 9022A) supports Vesa standards?

Thanks and Regards,

Sudha Nayak

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Video timings for different video standards

Hello @sudhanayaks 

If you are referring to Xilinx HDMI SS IPs, they are as per HDMI specification, means they follow VESA specs for video applications and SMPTE specification for HDMI audio applications. I will recommend you to refer the specification docs before developing solutions around custom resolutions.

Regards

Kunal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Hello @sudhanayaks 

Please use following set of ARs for more help around custom resolution support with HDMI

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68227.html

https://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/68138.html

Regards

Kunal

Don’t forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.
Visitor sudhanayaks
Visitor

Hi @kvasantr ,

Thank you for the information.

Currently for testing purpose am using ZC702 Evaluvation board. I need to test custom resolution (1280x1080@30Hz). Video path is TPG ->VTC ->Axi to video out -> ADV7511 -> HDMI.

I have tested the design for 1080P@30Hz and its working as expected, however if i set custom resolution (1280x1080@30Hz) in VTC and test, am observing video input is not supported in the HDMI display.

To calculate video parameters in VTC for custom resolution, I used video timing calculator ie https://tomverbeure.github.io/video_timings_calculator

If I test 1080P@30Hz using video paramters calculated using above calculator am observing video input is not supported in the HDMI display.

I wanted to know from where we can get video timings if we set custom resolution in VTC.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos