UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor cor
Visitor

Where can I find the vid_edid_v1 IP?

Jump to solution

Hi

I have to integrate the DisplayPort IP into my design. Therefore I'm studying the Video DisplayPort 1.4 RX Subsystem example (the RX only example on ZCU102 board).

One of the IPs used in this example is the vid_edid_v1. It simulates the IIC Edid ROM. Is it somewhere available?

Thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where can I find the vid_edid_v1 IP?

Jump to solution

HI @cor,

The vid_edid is what we call a helper IP. It is available only in the example design. The use of this IP outside the example design is not supported and the user is expected to write his own edid.

With that said, if you start your design from the example design you will be able to use it. However, keep in mind that it is not supported and that you are expected to write your own IP

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
3 Replies
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution

Hi @cor

I can not catch your question.

I guess your question is below.

- Know the format of EDID

- How yo describe EDID data in ROM ?

If my understanding is correct, would you refer the following wiki site ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_Display_Identification_Data

If my understanding is not correct, would you show more detail ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Visitor cor
Visitor

Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry if I was not clear. I would like to instantiate a vid_edid in my design, but It is not in the IP library. And when trying to get to the documentation of it, I get an 404 browser error (the page does not exist).

So is that IP available somewhere?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @cor,

The vid_edid is what we call a helper IP. It is available only in the example design. The use of this IP outside the example design is not supported and the user is expected to write his own edid.

With that said, if you start your design from the example design you will be able to use it. However, keep in mind that it is not supported and that you are expected to write your own IP

Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**