UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor ddanapal
Visitor

XAPP894 MIPI D-PHY IP Core support on Virtex Ultrascale

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I'm planning to implement the MIPI CSI interface on our Virtex Ultrascale XCVU440-FLGA2892-2-I FPGA platform based on XAPP894.  The plan is to use the Xilinx MIPI D-PHY IP Core with components from Meticom.  However, I found that I'm unable to generate the MIPI D-PHY IP Core if I have a Virtex Ultrascale part selected in Vivado.

I do see that Xilinx mention that Ultrascale is supported through XAPP894 in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCEcz6JiaBk  

Is there any fundamental reason why the MIPI D-PHY IP Core is not supported on Virtex Ultrascale?  I am able to generate it for Virtex 7 but I would assume that there will be differences in the primitives used between Virtex 7 vs. Ultrascale.  We really need to use the MIPI D-PHY IP Core on XCVU440 to fit the rest of our design.

Please advise.  Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: XAPP894 MIPI D-PHY IP Core support on Virtex Ultrascale

Jump to solution

Hello @ddanapal

Unfortunately, Xilinx MIPI IPs does not support UltraScale.

Please consider to use 7-series (with external PHY i.e Meticom) or UltraScale+ devices (that have native MIPI D-PHY support).

Or you may want to contact Nortwest Logic to find out whether their MIPI IP can target Xilinx UltraScale devices.

Best regards

Leo

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hello @ddanapal

Unfortunately, Xilinx MIPI IPs does not support UltraScale.

Please consider to use 7-series (with external PHY i.e Meticom) or UltraScale+ devices (that have native MIPI D-PHY support).

Or you may want to contact Nortwest Logic to find out whether their MIPI IP can target Xilinx UltraScale devices.

Best regards

Leo

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hello @ddanapal,

Are you happy with the reply provided by @karnanl. If yes, could you kindly mark it as accepted solution (button accept as solution below the replied when you are logged in).

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos