UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ZCU106 v2018.3 - SIGSEGV caught with graphic tracer

Hi All,

I am encountering problems with the "graphic" tracer:

(a) I receive "caught SISSEGV"  error (see attached picture) for this udp stream receiver pipeline. The program then hangs:

GST_DEBUG="GST_TRACER:7" GST_TRACERS="graphic" gst-launch-1.0 --eos-on-shutdown udpsrc port=5004 ! decodebin ! video/x-raw ! queue ! kmssink bus-id=a0070000.v_mix

(b) The following pipeline runs fine. However when I set is-live=TRUE on the videotestsrc I get "double free or corruption (fasttop), Aborted" after running a few seconds, and the program terminates:

GST_DEBUG="GST_TRACER:7" GST_TRACERS="graphic" gst-launch-1.0 --eos-on-shutdown videotestsrc ! queue ! kmssink bus-id=a0070000.v_mix

In both cases (a and b), the folders "metadata", "datastream" and "graphic" are created. 

Please help, and thanks in advance,

Tags (2)
sigsegv.png
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Re: ZCU106 v2018.3 - SIGSEGV caught with graphic tracer

Hi @joshua_tatenda 

Can you share the full log for this?

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos

Hi @florentw 

Please find attached the series of commands entered and the full log. 

-When  I omit the first two commands "export GST_SHARK_LOCATION=./ " and "unset GST_SHARK_CTF_DISABLE", the pipeline runs successfully, but does not create the folders "graphic","datastream", and "metadata".

-When I execute the first two commands followed by the pipeline (as shown on the attached screen shot), the error occurs but the folders are created. 

Regards,

SIGSEGV_error.png
0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Hi @joshua_tatenda 

I guess because kmssink can't recognize correct resolution without suitable capability.

So it caught SIGSEGV.

Would you add suitable resoluyion on pipeline ?

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Hi @watari 

Please find the attached screenshot where I have added a capsfilter with the appropriate resolution. After adding the caps, the error still persist just with more messages:

Regards,

SIGSEGV_error_caps.png
0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Hi @joshua_tatenda 

I suspect it is relevalant to decodebin, video stream and capability.

However you don't share enough information.

So I can't explain more detail.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

HI @joshua_tatenda 

Can you share the full linux log (from the time linux boot up to the time you have the result from the command).

Most uart terminals (I use tera term) have the option to export the log to a file. Please use this and share the full log.

Also it would be good to have more inforamtion about your HW design? Are you using a the VCU TRD or a custom design? I this is a custom design, can you give informations about this design?

Thanks

Florent
0 Kudos

Hi @florentw , @watari ,

I am using the standard VCU TRD image.

The set up has 2 ZCU106 boards, one  serving as a stream sender and the other as a stream receiver.

1) Sender :

Receives video from a Raspberrry pi on HDMI-Rx, displays a copy of the video on an HDMI-Tx monitor  and sends an encoded stream to the sender. The sender pipeline is : 

gst-launch-1.0 --eos-on-shutdown v4l2src device=/dev/video0 io-mode=4 ! capsfilter caps="video/x-raw, width=1920, height=1080, format=NV12,framerate=60/1" ! videorate max-rate=15 ! tee name=t ! queue ! kmssink bus-id=a0070000.v_mix t. ! queue ! omxh264enc gop-length=60 gop-mode=0 low-bandwidth=FALSE target-bitrate=600 num-slices=8 control-rate=2 qp-mode=2 periodicity-idr=60 prefetch-buffer=TRUE latency-mode=1 b-frames=0 filler-data=TRUE ! capsfilter caps="video/x-h264, profile=high" ! queue ! mpegtsmux alignment=7 ! rtpmp2tpay pt=33 ! queue ! udpsink host=192.168.2.200 async=FALSE send-duplicates=FALSE max-bitrate=1500000 port=5004 qos-dscp=60

2) Receiver:

The receiver decodes the video stream and displays on to its HDMI-Tx monitor. The receiver pipeline is:

GST_DEBUG="GST_TRACER:7" GST_TRACERS="graphic" gst-launch-1.0 --eos-on-shutdown udpsrc port=5004 ! decodebin ! capsfilter caps="video/x-raw, width=1920, height=1080" ! queue ! kmssink bus-id=a0070000.v_mix

A log file from boot-up to the pipeline execution has been attached.

Thanks .

0 Kudos

Hi @joshua_tatenda 

Are you sure the second board is receiving data?

Are you able to get the stream if you are using a computer?

Florent
0 Kudos

Hi @florentw ,

Yes, I'm sure the receiver is receiving the stream. When I run the same pipeline without the tracers I can succesfully receive, decode and display the video stream.

Regards

0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Hi @joshua_tatenda 

I'd like to confirm the followings.

1. Change decodebin to suitable decoder. In this case omxh264dec is suitable decode, if you use Zynq MPSoC EV series on receiver.

2. Where do you run this pipeline ? On SSD or SATA HDD ? or more slower device ?

If you use slower device to record log file and some metadata, I suggest you to change faster device such as SSD or SATA HDD or USB 3.0 HDD.

Best regards,

0 Kudos