UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor jan_ch
Visitor

Zynq7000 HDMI OUT video design

Jump to solution

Hello, I will be preparing the project for a custom board with Zynq-7000 with ADV7513. The design must be able to handle Linux OS GUI interface. I am looking for advice and maybe some tutorials because I would like to choose the best way to achieve that. I saw three main ways:

- using VDMA and Analog Devices IPcores

- using VDMA and Xilinx IP cores such as AXI stream to video out, timing controller, etc

- I read about using Xilinx Frame buffers and IP cores for it.

Which way would you recommend and is there a complex tutorial with hardware and Linux information for HDMI out?

Best regards,

JAN

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scholar watari
Scholar

Re: Zynq7000 HDMI OUT video design

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Voyager
Voyager

Jump to solution

I don't know of a tutorial that covers all of what you are looking for but the ZC702 TRD design might be a good place to start:

https://www.xilinx.com/support/documentation/boards_and_kits/zc702_zvik/2015_4/ug925-zynq-zc702-base-trd.pdf

If you are just getting started doing video on Xilinx parts, I recommend looking at the following Video Series:

https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Video/Xilinx-Video-Series/td-p/849583

Ted Booth - Tech. Lead FPGA Design Engineer
www.designlinxhs.com
0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Jump to solution
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi @jan_ch 

Do you have any updates on this topic? Were @tedbooth and @watari 's replies enough for you?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos