UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Participant kaesar
Participant

about HDMI IP

Jump to solution

hi:

i have a question about HDMI IP. my vivado version is 2019.1.

the FPGA of my first project is XC7K325T900, i can see the HDMI receiver/transmitter  subsystem ip under the video connectivity, the FPGA of my new project is XC7VX690T1927,and i can not find the HDMI IP anymore,and i don't know why.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: about HDMI IP

Jump to solution

Hi, @kaesar 

Thank You for asking the details about the HDMI IP support.

The HDMI 1.4/2.0 IP provide supports to the 7-series families, device partnumbers which have the transceiver of, GTXE2 in it. The FPGA Part (XC7VX690T1927) which you are using doesn't have the transceiver of GTXE2. So, Because of this reason you are not able to build the HDMI IP for your new project.

The supported families are addressed along with the supported GT details in the PG236, I highlited the details in the images for your reference. Please find it.

I hope, this will clear your issue.

With Regards,

Ashok.

Forum_HDMI_Device_Support_PG236.JPG
Forum_HDMI_Device_Support.JPG
8 Replies
Highlighted
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi, @kaesar 

Thank You for asking the details about the HDMI IP support.

The HDMI 1.4/2.0 IP provide supports to the 7-series families, device partnumbers which have the transceiver of, GTXE2 in it. The FPGA Part (XC7VX690T1927) which you are using doesn't have the transceiver of GTXE2. So, Because of this reason you are not able to build the HDMI IP for your new project.

The supported families are addressed along with the supported GT details in the PG236, I highlited the details in the images for your reference. Please find it.

I hope, this will clear your issue.

With Regards,

Ashok.

Forum_HDMI_Device_Support_PG236.JPG
Forum_HDMI_Device_Support.JPG
Participant kaesar
Participant

Jump to solution
Thanks a lot. That make it clear. I know GTH is more powerful than GTX, but why HDMI IP can only use GTX? I don't see much different between GTX and GTH.
0 Kudos
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Jump to solution

Hi @kaesar ,

The FPGA, process the video data from source  to HDMI Subsystem (or) From HDMI Subsystem to sink device via a Video Phy IP Core, This Video Phy IP is designed with GTXE2 transceiver core for 7 series devices. Because of this reason only HDMI IP is supporting the 7 series devices, which have the GTXE2 transceiver core in it. For Your reference I am attaching an image, it demonstrates a simple HDMI IP working phenomenon with Video Phy IP.

I hope this helps to clear your concern.

With Regards,

Ashok

Video PHY.JPG
0 Kudos
Scholar dgisselq
Scholar

Jump to solution

@kaesar,

Surely you can drive an HDMI output with slower speeds so that you don't need the GTX I/Os, no??

640x480 requires a 25MHz pixel clock.  The HDMI clock would be 10x that rate, or 250MHz.  Shouldn't that be doable with a regular OSERDES?

Dan

0 Kudos
Participant kaesar
Participant

Jump to solution
thanks a lot
0 Kudos
Participant kaesar
Participant

Jump to solution
that need to modify the phy ip
0 Kudos
Participant kaesar
Participant

Jump to solution

Oh, BTW, any suggestions about HDMI solution on XC7VX690T1927? MIPI to HDMI? 

0 Kudos
Scholar dgisselq
Scholar

Jump to solution

There are open source IPs for HDMI you can find if you look hard enough.  These should be easier to modify.

Dan

0 Kudos