UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Participant p.nejad
Participant

Re: axi4s_to_video_out won't lock

Hello gentelmen,

I do have video out in slave mode with vtg_ce connected to VTC. 

I looked at eol as watari suggested and confirmed that eol happens at the end of every line with blanking not just the active video. I don't know why this is happening.  

0 Kudos
Scholar watari
Scholar

Hi @p.nejad

I'm not sure. But I guess your setting on vtc by software or the behavior of AFIFO are wrong.

For example, if you set wrong horizontal active width on some IP by software, these IPs behave to output wrong eol.

Because of eol signal is generally generated by horizontal active width.

The best way to resolve this issue is to set correct parameters on v_tc by software (Plan A) or to generate correct HSYNC/VSYNC/Active data/HBLANK/VBLANK into video-in_axi4s. (Plan B)

[Plan A]

I think that it's reasonable way. But it is little difficult to set correct parameter on v_tc.

[Plan B]

I'm worried about backpressure capability issue on AFIFO. It's same opinion as @bwiec.

If you can fix this issue, it's very reasonable way for you.

Best regards,

0 Kudos

Hi @p.nejad,

Any updates on this?

If everything is clear for you, please kindly close the topic by marking a reply as accepted solution.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
Participant p.nejad
Participant

Hello,
Thanks for following up!!
I'm still working on it , nothing has changed yet.
0 Kudos