UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Visitor lrocher
Visitor

frmbuf write "xilinx-video amba_pl@0:video_cap_my: dma_alloc_coherent of size 0 failed"

Jump to solution

hi,

i make a design that read a data from the ddr with a vdma and i send data to frame buffer

on linux when i configure V4L2 :

v4l2-ctl --device /dev/video0 --set-fmt-video=width=1920,height=1080,pixelformat=RGB8

it works but when i want to make a capture with this command :

v4l2-ctl --device /dev/video0 --stream-mmap --stream-skip=1 --stream-to=frame.raw --stream-count=1

i have a kernel crach :

[ 26.492932] xilinx-video amba_pl@0:video_cap_my: dma_alloc_coherent of size 0 failed
[ 26.500619] Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000000
[ 26.508674] Mem abort info:
[ 26.511442] Exception class = IABT (current EL), IL = 32 bits
[ 26.517354] SET = 0, FnV = 0
[ 26.520383] EA = 0, S1PTW = 0

do you have an idea ?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: frmbuf write "xilinx-video amba_pl@0:video_cap_my: dma_alloc_coherent of size 0 failed"

Jump to solution

HI @lrocher,

Do you have any updates on this?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Re: frmbuf write "xilinx-video amba_pl@0:video_cap_my: dma_alloc_coherent of size 0 failed"

Jump to solution

Hi @lrocher,

Why are you using a VDMA? Why not doing both write and read with a frame buffer. This way your full pipe should be suported by V4L2 while I am not sure the VMDA supports the V4L2 framework.

Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

HI @lrocher,

Do you have any updates on this?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
0 Kudos