UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Adventurer
Adventurer

implementation error in inserting ila to the mipi_csi pin

Jump to solution

I wanted to debug the mipi csi rx subsystem and inserted the ila to the mipi_csi pin. But i encounted error in implementation.

微信截图_20191015124726.png

微信截图_20191015124631.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: implementation error in inserting ila to the mipi_csi pin

Jump to solution

Hi @ivanfan,

The error is saying that the full bus can not be placed within the same ILA because some of the signals require different routing. Specifically, some of the signals are clocks that need to be buffered before they are connected to an ILA.

You can try expanding the bus using the "+" and selecting some of the signals which do not require a buffer.

Alternatively, you can add an ILA inside of the MIPI core after the signals are buffered. This will require adding the ILA post-synthesis and not directly in IPI.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Mentor watari
Mentor

Jump to solution

Hi @ivanfan 

It is not directly able to connect it.

However, I guess you measure these signals via VIO...

Best regards,

Adventurer
Adventurer

Jump to solution

Thank you for your reply.

i am a newcomer in fpga and i don't know how the connect the vio to the interface connection like the mipi_csi pin.

0 Kudos
Mentor watari
Mentor

Jump to solution

Jump to solution

Hi @ivanfan,

The error is saying that the full bus can not be placed within the same ILA because some of the signals require different routing. Specifically, some of the signals are clocks that need to be buffered before they are connected to an ILA.

You can try expanding the bus using the "+" and selecting some of the signals which do not require a buffer.

Alternatively, you can add an ILA inside of the MIPI core after the signals are buffered. This will require adding the ILA post-synthesis and not directly in IPI.

Don't forget to reply, kudo, and accept as solution.

Xilinx Video Design Hub

View solution in original post

Jump to solution

Hi @ivanfan 

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as a solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply).

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Aoife
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos