UPGRADE YOUR BROWSER

We have detected your current browser version is not the latest one. Xilinx.com uses the latest web technologies to bring you the best online experience possible. Please upgrade to a Xilinx.com supported browser:Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari. Thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Observer xinyiz
Observer

monitor mipi_phy_if signals using system ILA

Hi,

I'm trying to use a system ILA to monitor the mipi_phy_if of MIPI CSI-2 RX Subsystem. In the System ILA IP configuration, I select the monitor type to be interface and interface type to be xilinx.com:interface:mipi phy rtl:1.0. But I cannot compile this design because an error pops up in the Design Initialization stage saying:  [Opt 31-305] Invalid connectivity on net mipi_phy_if_0_clk_n connected to port mipi_phy_if_0_clk_n. It drives some loads that need a buffer, and other loads that do not need a buffer. This configuration cannot be placed.

Anyone has an idea about this?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Re: monitor mipi_phy_if signals using system ILA

Hello @xinyiz 

Please let me know your ILA clock connection details.

Does without ILA, design compiles correctly?

Regards,
Bhushan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Observer xinyiz
Observer

The system ILA clock is connected to a 100MHz clock from PS(which is only clock source for the ILA).

The design compiled correctly without ILA.

Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @xinyiz 

It seems there is some issue with your clock nets.

Please provide post optimized design dcp to check this issue.

I have sent you EZmove package to send your dcp.

Regards,
Bhushan

Kindly note- Please mark the Answer as "Accept as solution" if information provided is helpful.
Give Kudos to a post which you think is helpful and reply oriented.
Scholar dpaul24
Scholar

@xinyiz,

As pointed out by @bpatil in post2, I also suspect there is a problem as to how you are connecting the ILA. Unfortunately you have not shared the ILA connecting info.

Can you please share the info as to how EXACTLY YOU ARE CONNECTING the ILA, so that you get better help?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPGA enthusiast!
All PMs will be ignored
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Xilinx Employee
Xilinx Employee

Hello @xinyiz 

Is "mipi_phy_if_0_clk_n" and "mipi_phy_if_0_clk_p" are the input pin name of your MIPI CSI-2 RX serial clock ?

If the answer is Yes. I don't think this clock signal can be probed using ILA,
since this input clock is directly connected to DPHY_DIFFINBUF buffer module.

MIPI_ILA.png

Thanks & regards
Leo

HI @xinyiz ,

Do you have any updates on this? Was one of the replies enough for you?

If your question is answered or your issue is solved, please kindly mark the response which helped as solution (click on "Accept as solution" button below the reply)

If this is not solved/answered, please reply in the topic giving more information on your current status.

Thanks and Regards,

Florent
Product Application Engineer - Xilinx Technical Support EMEA
**~ Don't forget to reply, give kudos, and accept as solution.~**
0 Kudos